chapter 3

Over the next two days Owen and I spent together making up for the time we lost, right now we were sitting outside his bungalow at the picnic table having lunch when it finally happened. The call that Owen and I have been waiting for since we get here.

The eggs are hatching.

Owen and I stare at each other for a moment before getting up and jumping into the park jeep I came here in, speeding down the road I'm suprised I didnt hit something or maybe I did I don't know I was to excited and nervous to care. Pulling up outside the main center we sprint inside and down to the lab, quickly going through security we enter the lab and within seconds we are in a room with a small table holding four separate eggs. Taking a seat on the stools in front of the table I focused my gaze on the eggs in front of me biting my lip because of nerves I cant stop the unwanted questions filling my mind

What if it doesnt work? What if they don't bond with me? What if they try to kill eachother? All these questions making me bite my lip harder to the point where I think I might have drawn blood.

"Hey, stop that everything is going to be fine, we got this" taking my lip out from between my teeth Owen cups the side of my face so I'm looking directly at him. Ugh why does he have to be so caring stupid feelings.

We're brought back by a cracking sound in front of us snapping our heads in that direction Owen's hand falls from my face, and I have to say I missed the feeling. The egg closest to us begins to shake and as the minutes go by the crack on the side gets bigger and bigger until a small gap is made in the shell and a baby velociraptor head peeks out its eyes snap to me and the colour of the eyes has me in awe they are a bright yellow with black slits. I can see it studying me before they snap to Owen and studying his figure,

"hey baby girl" saying it in the softest voice possible I help get rid of the rest of the shell before picking her up and using my pointer finger to softly pat her, she let's out a soft purring noise nuzzling into my hand. She was absolutely beautiful, a dark blue with a bright blue stripe on each side. Gorgeous. Handing her to Owen even though I really just wanted to cuddle her, but I knew they needed to bond aswell.

"What should we name her" Owen still looking at the small raptor in awe had a small smile on his face when he whispered

"Blue" Blue nuzzled into Owen's palm as if saying yes to the name,

"its perfect" placing Blue back on the table we watched as one by one the other eggs hatched and a light green, an orange and a dark green raptor were all standing shakily on the table near Blue. We named them the light green Echo the orange one is Charlie and the dark green is Delta. They were all perfect they were our little babies and I knew if anyone tried to touch them I would personally make sure they burn in hell, ok I may be a little attached but can you blame me, they are adorable, all the while the others were hatching and studying us Blue never took her eyes of me, every now and then they would snap to Owen but they always came back to me. I cant wait to watch them grow up this is gonna be so much fun.

                                *-*

That day at the lab Owen and I spent bonding with each raptor although Blue was definitely my favourite, the scientists pretty much had to drag us out so they could do there tests which left me pouting because I didnt want to leave Blue.

As the years went on and the raptors grew, i grew more attached to them and my feelings for Owen grew but i cant act on them because that could ruin our friendship and I'm not willing to risk that, but the raptors also got used to us they saw Owen as there Alpha but they thought of me as a mother of soughts but Blue would never cooperate if I wasnt there, its probably because of the amount of times Owen had to drag me out of that room when they were babies, countless times Owen had walked in and found me asleep with the raptors curled up to me and Blue on my lap asleep. One time one of the scientists came in and found me asleep he started shaking me to get me up, but the raptors thought he was attacking so the jumped up and attacked him I managed to get them to stop but the guy lost a finger or two and got few bites and scratches all over his arms, ever since then no one has tried to come near me when the raptors are near by because they are scared they are going to some how break out of their enclosure and attack them. It's quite funny really.

But right now I'm sitting in the viewing log for the Tyrannosaurus rex enclosure I come here when I need peace and quiet after the park is closed for the night sometimes early morning, the T-rex comes up to the glass to look at me sometimes others it would just watch me from a distance I went in his cage once and he didnt attack me he just let me sit with him, of course I got in trouble from Claire about how it was dangerous and the 'asset' could of killed me, and how lucky I was to be alive. She just pissed me of, he would never hurt me, and it's a living breathing animal not an 'asset' I also gave him a name which took a while because he didnt like some of my choices but his names Drake. (Shitty name I know just get over it I couldn't think of anything else)

"Hey, Jackson you there" grabbing my radio from my side I responded

"Yeah Owen I'm here what's up" grabbing my things knowing I should probably get going to the raptor paddock and that's why hes radioing me,

"can you get down to the raptor paddock Blues not listening and you know how she is, needs her mummy dearest to be there" letting out a light laugh I said bye to Drake before making my way to the quad that I borrowed

"yeah, yeah I'm on my way"  Owen giving me a quick thanks before I started up the bike and made my way to the paddock. Time to see my babies.