I was on birth control pills for 3 years now. We have been married for one year . I don't why pills didn't work properly this time. I was always so careful with taking pills because I didn't want unplanned pregnancy and cause trouble for our relationship knowing fully well Dan's intentions.

Being orphan myself I wanted to have more kids to call mine beside Dan . Since young I helped around to look after orphanage's todlers. I always was fond of children.Children are cute , adorable , lovely and full of life. I always spent with my free time with them because when I am with them I was able to see my life postively . All the hardships forgotten when you look at them . They are just angels freshly fallen from heaven .

If I was not so afraid of Dan's reaction I would be jumping around in excitement after getting to know that I am going to a mom and little miracle life is growing inside me.

Oh what a blessing .

I deseperatly hopes Dan will be happy with the current situation and accept our child. He or she is part of him as well as it is part of me.

Adan Knight Lyons , my husband  is the CEO of Lyons Constructions Company . Only child and heir of the Lyons Group . We met when he once came to our university  to deliver a speech . Since then he stalked me regularly until I agree  to go on a date with him .

We dated for 3 years until he proposed me in France infront of Eiffel  Tower under the stars making my dreams come true . I still don't know how he get to know my dream to get proposed in there .He never reveal that to me. You see I'm hopelessly romantic. When you are a big fan of romance novels , it makes you such person .

However we are from two different world. But our love for each other make it with the differences. Just like me Dan loves quite life but he loves rich, luxury life. We got married in a small chapel  without his family or friends .  Just us .

Dan's mother Helen Lyons never approved of me . She was so mad when she get to know about our marriage and Dan didn't talk with them about marrying me. Well like every mother-in- laws in books she only show  her evilness to me when Dan is not around . She is really careful not to make Adan suspicious about her . She haven't done anything big to me other than glare here and there , nothing much to tell Dan about her deeds. 

Well my father-in- law, Edward Lyons  doesn't care who Adan marries as long as Dan take care of their business and their business tops . Yes he is that kind of man . All his mind wrapped around his business . However I'm glad of that because imagine when your husband's both mother and father hates you. It would make your life more miserable .

Dan and his parents doesn't have normal parent child relationship either. They are so formal to each other. Well how do I know that . I myself is an orphan . I never had a family other than orphanage kids and staff. They were my family. Too bad we have to cut off all the realations once we get out from orphanage . Dan told me they never cared since he was child. His father busy with expanding his business , mother with her own things . Dan was raised by nannies . That's the reason for his cold and unforgiving personality . If I really didn't know him fully I wouldn't have believed he loves me because with the way he sometimes behaves.

Once I graduated from the university we got married and I was able to pursue Dan to buy a house for us in a quite neighborhood other than living in his luxurious penthouse . I was able to get a job in a small bakery shop few blocks away from our house . However Dan was not pleased  with the idea of me working for someone .He wanted  to open my own shop . But I strongly disagreeed with him knwoing I won't be able to look after that kind of responsibility with I have to look after our house and Dan . Our house is only two storeys so I rejected the idea hiring help to do household . Who don't want to look after your own house by yourself when you finally have one after being in apartments for so long.

Without been discouraged by Dan's reluctance to let me work,  I pleaded, tried to seduce , annoyed him, gave him silent treatment and threw a trantruanmts until he gave up . I had permission to work until he comes home and with the promise that I wouldn't overwork and make myself tired . Like doing your dream job would make you exhausted . He is crazy and too proud for his own good.  Too bad for his rich ass to marry an ordinary  woman like me .

I woke up when I felt someone calling my name and trying wake me up.

What's happening ?

Once I opened my eyes I saw my Dan's gorgeous grey eyes staring at me with worried look . I smiled when he caressed my face with his both hands. I miss him.

"Hey  cuddle bear ,  you okay ? Why didn't you go to work today ?  Jerry said you aren't there when I called to the bakery "

Without waiting me to answer he went on and on with his all the questions . I rolled my eyes at his nonstop questions . Well , give me a break, let me talk  and take a breath will you ?

"Why didn't your answer your phone ?  I called you many times to et you know that we are going out today . You didn't answer . I rushed home when you didn't . Haven't I told you to answer you phone everytime I called . I was so worried thinking something is wrong . One day you will be the reason for my early death  cuddle bear  "

" And what's with pizzas . I payed for them pizza man said he rang the bell for long but you didn't answer . Are you not well ? Is that why you didn't go to work ? What's wrong ? Let's go meet a doctor  . You stubborn woman I told you let's goto a doctor since you get that damn bug . You are not allowed to protest this time , we are definitely visiting a doctor . If you are not okay with going out I can call one to come here . I really hates when you get sick cuddle bear  "

The tension I felt ealier, with him being so close infront of me acting so worried about me made him sobbing mess . When he saw me crying , he panicked .

"Hey , Hey  cuddle bear . Love I'm sorry for nagging you . I'm sorry " He quickly sat in the couch next to me and pulled me towards him . I hugged him tightly bawling my eyes in his warm chest .

" Calm down cuddle bear . I won't scold you anymore . Don't cry . I love you . I'm sorry for making you upset. Forgive me . Please cuddle bear     stop crying" He whispered to my ear repeatedly like a mantra while rubbing my back desperately trying to make me stop crying and that made me cry more . I hugged him tightly frightened he would shoo me away once he knew my secret . I didn't want him to let me go . He is the only one I have beside the baby .

"Don't let me go " I whispered in a broken voice . That's my only nightmare . He letting me go . I always craved for Dan, his love and attention .

" I promise . I won't let you go ever  cuddle bear  . I promise . Now please calm down and tell me what's wrong love " He whispered kissing me everywhere . I knew he value his promises . No matter how many times he promise me that he won't let me go I'm always afraid .

After like forever I finally calmed down . I reluctantly pulled away from his warmth and made few centimeter distance between us .  Dan wiped my tears using his shirt . 

He waited patiently until I tell something . I opened my mouth several times to say . But failed miserably . I gathered my leftover strength wanting get over this .

I finally confessed looking directly at Dan's eyes.

"Dan please don't hate me . I'm pregnant "

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 Here goes first episode of my third story . Hope you all will enjoy reading Second Chance  as much as you enjoyed my other stories Heir's Light and Guide  from Polaris  .

Don't forget to vote and comment . I love reading your comments. I really appreciate all the love and support .

Until next time....
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤