Issue 15: Bargaining Tool

"What are you blabbering on about?" I asked Roulette untying my tie and rolling around in my chair. Roulette and I had just gotten out of a grueling meeting with the press.

"All I'm saying sweetie is that I took a lot of risks selling my soul and my assets to you, you handsome devil."

"Oh, are we using flattery now to get what we want?" I asked.

"If it gets me what I want."

"And what exactly is it you want?"

"I want some re-embellishment."

"That's not what that word means."

"Excuse me?"

"I know what you were trying to say. Embellishment means to make something pretty. You meant to say embezzlement but that means I stole money from you somehow even though I've given you millions."

"Alright Mr. Brainiac. My point is, I'm going through withdrawals."

"Withdrawals?"

"I haven't gotten a good scam in the past week while dealing with your little portal thing and although I hate to admit it, I'm not being used as proficiently as I can be just sitting here and being your yeswoman on the board and financial aid. Do you know how I could make you megabucks?"

"In some way that would end with me spending even more money?"

"The correct answer is The Female Fatale! A club with everything the underworld could dream of! Gambling, Open Bar, and Lap Dances from the most beautiful bombshells we can find!"

"And what differentiates us from a club so simple Captain Boomerang could run it?"

"Oh, that's the fun part! The beautiful bombshells are superheroes!"

"So what I'm having you run a cosplay strip club?"

"No no no! You're not getting it! The gals aren't just cosplaying. We're getting real superheroes!"

"...Huh?"

"I've been paying close attention to how your little brain chip thing has been working on Louise Lincoln. She can essentially do anything you tell her to. Sit, roll over, undress, make googley eyes at Mirror Master~."

"You want me to inject Wonder Woman with my nanochips to charge 200 bucks for a hanky panky?"

"Well, only for our premier members. And it doesn't have to be Wonder Woman! We literally have unlimited possibilities now! Just punch in a random world, find a Batgirl that happens to be really slutty and bam! Millions!"

"You forget the part where the portal doesn't really work like that. I can punch in the coordinates for a portal to a certain Earth but I can't set it to be exactly where a certain hero or villain may be and I can't make them come through the portal either... speaking of the portal, I think it's about time we go and finally use it." I said before getting up and hitting a button underneath my table alerting the Circle it was time to start operations. I walked out of the room with Roulette following me.

"Come on, (Y,N)! I'm not asking for a lot here!" She whispered.

"You aren't? Do you have any idea how much this insane plan of yours costs?"

"Who cares!? You're the richest man alive!" She said as we got into the elevator to get to the main floor. "What do I gotta do to make it happen?"

"Well you can start with a quick flash and then we can work our way to a lap dance." I joked. A sinister smile appeared on Roulette's face as we reached the bottom floor.

"Deal."

"Huh?" I asked before Roulette kicked the close door button and unbuttoned her top. She pulled off her red jacket and her shirt exposing her boobs to me before squeezing them together.

"Like what you see?" She asked. She elbowed the button a second time to stop the door from opening. "There's more where that came from... at the Fatale that is." She said before putting her jacket on over her bare chest and buttoning it up. "A deal's a deal."

"I suppose so." I said after clearing my throat. The door opened and we walked by Kitten who was looking bored while typing away at her computer before she saw me and sprung up.

"Hi, (Y,N)! I mean Mr. (L,N)! I mean-"

"Just (Y,N) is fine. Clear my schedule for the rest of the day. I have some business to attend to elsewhere. And tell Mercy to meet me in the lab. It's showtime."

"Sure thing! H-have a good day!" She said as we walked towards the retinal scan area leading to the underground lab.

"You should stop stringing that poor girl around."

"Who says I'm stringing her around? Maybe I like her back."

"Or you like her suit."

"Either way stop talking." I said as we walked into the elevator. The doors began to close before someone put her foot in front of the door. "Could've swore these were programmed to cut through the ankle of someone who did that..." I muttered.

"Mr. (L,N) I believe you're forgetting something. Or more specifically, someone." Mercy said.

"Of course, I apologize Mercy." I said as she got in.

"Oh, Mr. (L,N)! There you are! I wanted to ask you about a salary r-" Some peon began to say before he put his hand in front of the elevator door, however this time it closed on him and sliced his fingers off.

"Oh. Those do work." I said before Mercy punched me in the arm. "Ow!"

"That's for trying to leave without me, Jackass!" She said.

"It's amazing how quickly she can switch from 'Ms. Graves' to the actual Mercy in seconds." Roulette said. "Are we going to have to pay that guy money, by the way?"

"Nah. It's in their contracts that Lex made. Any injuries sustained while trespassing in areas your clearance doesn't cover the company has no responsibility over." Mercy said. We got down to the lair where Cold was working on something.

"Hey there, Bossman. Is it time for the big day?" Cold asked looking up.

"Indeed." I said looking closer at his work. "Earrings?"

"Ear pieces. Block out super sonic sounds. That way you guys can help assist Banshee in making sure someone goes deaf, and don't get disoriented by a sonic boom caused by RF if you're serious about bringing him back from the dead." Cold said.

"Excellent work." I said. "Now I believe before we activate the portal I have two prisoners I need to check up on." I said walking over to the holding cells. Mercy and Roulette followed me. "Now let's see who our little intruder is." I said as I entered the room. There I saw a girl unfamiliar to me. A Vietnamese Girl in a green gi with two swords. She had wild black hair and a well toned body. She also had a cat mask in the corner. I felt like I was ready to fall in love with the sight of her. She was practicing martial arts in the corner before she looked over at me with a smile like the cat from that irritating children's movie I can't quite remember the name of.

"Hello. You must be (Y,N) (L,N). My name's Cheshire. I'm here to kill you."