'Watching both my pupils dilate'

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

*BEEP BEEP BEEP B-*

“Urgh” was all I managed to say, it was currently 7am on Monday 3rd November 2014. I’m off to the gym.

I rolled out of bed and threw on my leggings and vest and scraped my hair up into a pony tail before slowly making my way to the kitchen. I live in a small flat in London, I used to live in Sheffield but I wanted to study at London university, which I did. I studied psychology and I really don’t know where I’m going to go with that, my real passion is photography. I wanted to study that at Uni but my parents weren’t all that happy about it and wanted me to do a ‘real subject’ that’s going to get me somewhere in life and the only ‘real’ subject I was happy with was psychology.

My name is Kelsie May. I’m 23 and, as I’ve said, I live in London. At the minute, life is good. Well as good as it can be. I don’t want to be one of those people who uses their life as an excuse to get pity, and that’s not why I’m telling you, but I did have a…well, how do I phrase this? Shit. I had a shit life. But it’s the past and I’m not going to bore you with the details.

As I was saying life in London is good and I am a photographer/psychology based job. I’ve lived in London for 5 years now since I left Sheffield as soon as I finished sixth form.

Today’s agenda:

-go to the gym

-go shopping with Jessie

-prepare for tonight

-work

When I say work I mean go to a gig, but I was working, I was being the band photographer for the night. The venue hires me when they have bands playing and I love it. The atmosphere, the music, the experience, the people, everything! It’s great.

Just today was going to be especially great, twin Atlantic were playing. I have been obsessed with twin Atlantic for years and they are by far my favourite band. I couldn’t wait to go to work.

*after the gym*

My session was good; I was blasting twin Atlantic songs through my headphones for my whole workout. It’s now 9:30 so I’m making my way to Starbucks for coffee and breakfast before I meet Jessie at 10:30.

I had been in Starbucks for an hour now and I was just waiting to meet Jessie. I made my way to the bar/counter to order another caramel latte and mocha for Jessie, paid and waited. Another person ordered as I was waiting- a Scottish person…NO. I turned to look, it couldn’t be him, but inside I hoped it was.

“A caramel latte please, tall” he said as I stood there staring at him like a freak.  He looked up and smiled once he paid and I just remained standing there like an idiot.

SAY SOMETHING! The voice in my head screamed

INTRODUCE YOURSELF YOU FRICKING IDIOT! The voice added.

He looked up at me again and shot me a confused look before saying, “um your drinks are ready…” with a smile as if to say ‘wtf? Are you ok?’

I snapped myself out of my gaze.

“Sorry, I’m just a huge fan” I replied and then realised my voice was reeeeaaallly high pitched and I sounded like I was a 13 year old girl fangirling at a one direction concert.

“Oh well in that case hi” he replied “what’s your name?” he asked

“Um Kelsie”

“Barry, but I’m guessing you already knew that” he replied with a laugh