Chapter 14 & episode 14

Start from the beginning

Rhys replied,clearly unfazed by the mess,:"Oh yes.Uhh...I can explain.."He explained the situation on how Mrs Oats left them to care for us,ultimately resulting in them destroying the house,due to being told about Mrs Oats backstory.

Clearly shocked,Ava asked:"Wait so...You got that kind of message from Mrs Oats' story about her mother?"

Unfazed by Ava's confusion,Pierce replied:"yes."

Rhys added:"And it worked!You and y/n are out of bed."

Ava tried to explain,though it was helpless:"But it wasn't because of the mess."

Pierce reasoned:"But you both woke after the mess was made."

Noi,misunderstanding everything,mumbled:"What"to himself.He was so confused and I was too sleepy to care for the situation.Ava seemed to be filling with anger at the boys stupidity.

Due to this she screamed,before her sound quietened:"That's not how it works.."

Noi,despite being the most in touch with his emotions,came close to Ava,as if they were going to kiss and assured her:"I'm just glad your okay..."

Ava subtly blushed and I attempted to back away from the situation.Akso feeling awkward,Asch explained:"We will leave you to clean the mess Princess Ava.Please meet with us,once you are done."

Everyone following behind,except Noi.Noi rushed over to hug me,causing me to blush(like how Ava did)and to gently smile in acknowledgment.As he was leaving,Ava stated:"Wait,I JUST KET THEM WALK AWAY..."

Oh no.

I couldn't deal with this,especially not this early on.Leaving Ava to shout at the immature men,I grabbed my phone and a cup of f/d.Calling Calum,it struck me.What if they didn't call Calum?What if Calum isn't okay?What if he hates me now?I'm such a bad person...

Calling him,he answered:"Hey.Is this y/n."

Replying,I panicked:"Yeah,it is.Im so so so sorry Calum.I didn't mean to not call you.It was mothers death day and I-"

Trying to be nice,he assured:"No,it's fine.Ava called me;it's okay."

I frowned.Why was he being so nice?Its good to know that Ava called him but I still should've.I explained:"Im so sorry.Im so so so sorry.I was ill and I couldn't call you at all.You know I would've;I would've loved to be there for you.I can be here for you now.."

And so our conversation commenced.Getting off the phone,I found that Ava was teaching everyone to clean.She succeeded!If she hadn't,I would've had to try to make them help.It was always super boring to clean with only two people and it would also take longer.Ava was the best sometimes.

And so,a joined in on the cleaning.

While cleaning,I bumped into Rhys,who seemed to be doing okay at the cleaning.Leif was better though,better than me and Ava combined.Trying to persuade him that cleaning wasn't meant to be a long and tedious task(instead,you should try to enjoy it as much as possible),we talked a bit,as I taught him to clean.

Surprisingly,some of the other guys kept looking at us,specifically Rhys,weird.They kept looking over,narrowing their eyes at him and frowning.I didn't really understand what they were doing so,as I had been doing previously,we talked.Oddly,Rhys was pretty funny and not as stuck up as I once thought.He was,actually,really easy to talk to,once you got past the transition stage,which-let me tell you-was way too awkward.

Midway into our cleaning,Rhys asked:"What is love?"

At this,everyone turned to look at me,radiating curiosity.What was I supposed to tell them?I was never good with this kind of stuff yet neither was Ava.Looking to her with pleading eyes,I found that she was busy whistling and trying to pretend I didn't exist.Fake friends...Nervously responding,I replied:"It's when you like someone,a lot.Its when you date them,be their boyfriend or,even,marry them.Your supposed to do nice things for them,show them you care.Like how you guys all like Ava.You...I don't know... love her and that's the emotion."

Midway,trying to avoid the whole topic of 'love',Ava tuned out,unable to hear them mention of her name.It was true though,they all loved Ava,who wouldn't?In some ways,I envied her.She had to many great people,who liked her,and I was stuck.Though,I just want Ava to be as happy as possible.

Noi pondered:"So,Are we supposed to do nice things for Ava?"

Asch asked:"Does that make her want to court with you?"

I replied:"Yeah,you are I guess.She may want to court with you eventually..it depends..."

At my reluctance to continue this conversation,everyone quietened and we continued to clean....Once the room was spotless,everyone crowded around Ava,since this was meant to be a competition,of sorts,between them.

Ava explained:"Perfect,now for the winner.Leif you've won!"That was to be expected.

Leif glorified:"Yeah,I knew it!See,I didn't need to grow up in the kingdom to be worthy."

I complimented,as if he were part child:"Come on,you did well.Your already worthy anyways.Plus,you did have practice,well according to Rhys you did.Everyone else did well for their first try."

Suddenly,Leif's face burned a bright red.Was he ill?I hope not,as being sick is a bummer.Asch screamed,at me and Leif:"Silence!"

Ava scolded:"Leif,come on,nobody likes a sore winner.Now,everyone else,since you guys did a great job,you all get one happy kitten piece.Noe Leif,you get to pick from the treasure box."

Leif beamed,picking out a fight spinner from the treasure box.Whops.

This is a bad idea...