"I'm dating a 12 year old boy," I say and Lexi laughs while pulling her wallet out so she can buy the picture. "I can't believe you're actually spending money on that."

"You look pretty in it," she shrugs and takes the copy of the photo from the guy behind the counter. "Thanks, man."

"Where to next, princess?" she asks and I think for a moment.

"I wanna go buy us something goofy," I decide and starts walking down the cobblestone with determination.

"To match our sweaters from Disneyland?" Lexi asks and I smile.

"Exactly."

"We really are that gross couple. You know the type who makeout between classes against the lockers and make everyone uncomfortable," she jokes and I let out a snort. "I love when you make that noise."

"It's ugly."

"Ugly cute."

Eventually we reach an area with a bunch of shops, and I scan the options for a moment then lead us into the store that looks the least busy. I make a beeline for the back to avoid people and eventually stop walking when we reach a rack full of hats.

"Put these on," I demand and toss Lexi a pair of Mickey Mouse ears. She glances at them skeptically then takes her Dodgers cap off and replaces it with the ears, which makes me smile wide.

"You look so cute!" I say and reach up to pinch her cheeks while she scrunches her nose in response.

"Quit it."

"I need a picture," I ignore her request and grab my phone from my pocket so I can snap one. "Smile, grumpy pants," I say and Lexi just keeps staring blankly at the camera.

I roll my eyes playfully and reach out with my free hand to smush her cheeks then take the picture before she pulls away with a huff.

"Got it!" I cheer and grin down at the picture then quickly make it my home screen.

"If I'm wearing these then you are too," Lexi says firmly and snatches the cap off my head, then replaces it with another pair of Micky Mouse ears she grabbed from the shelf.

She adjusts it a bit then looks me over, a smile tugging at her lips. "Okay maybe they're cute."

"We cute," I correct and make sure there's no one around before leaning in and kissing her lips.

She wraps her arms around me and pulls me close while kissing me back, and I feel her smiling against my lips. My arms wrap around her neck as I press impossibly closer to her while trying to deepen the kiss, but she suddenly breaks away and shakes her head.

"Don't get me all worked up when I can't do anything about it," she says and I laugh.

"Maybe you shouldn't get worked up so easily then."

"Maybe you shouldn't be so sexy all the time then," she counters and steps away from me when we hear voices getting closer. "So are we getting the ears?"

"Hell yeah we're getting the ears," I nod and adjust the ones on her head that got crooked while we kissed.

I pull my hand away when I feel my phone buzzing and shove it into my pocket to fish it out.