Five

Billie

As I wake up, the first thing I notice is the feeling of a warm body pressed against my own. The second thing I notice is the familiar smell of Lexi's coconut shampoo filling my senses.

I slowly open my eyes and smile to myself when I'm met with the sight of Lexi's messy brown hair covering the pillow she's resting on. She's still asleep, her body moving steadily with each breath she takes in.

One of her arms is by her head, resting beside it on the pillow. I examine the ink on it, some of it familiar and some of it completely new to me. When my eyes reach the tattoo that I drew, my heart clenches. There I was convincing myself that Alexis didn't give a shit about me once she hung up that phone, but there she was reading all of my letters and getting my art permanently etched into her skin.

The part of me that wants her back is screaming right now. This tattoo is proof of how much she loves me, and how much she always has.

Just give her another chance.

I sit up and look down at her, moving one hand into her hair to gently run my fingers through it. She lets out an adorable little sigh in her sleep and I see her relax even more.

I look down at her until I start to creep myself out then get out of the bed quietly, trying my best not to wake her up.

"Mmmmwhere are you going?" I hear her mumble groggily and I look back to see her shifting slightly. "Come back."

I smile and lay down again, wrapping one of my arms around her body while I rest my head on the pillow again.

"That's better," she says quietly, and I can hear the smile in her sleepy voice. "Good morning, Princess."

Princess.

There go the butterflies. Two and a half years since she started to call me that and I still feel my heart flutter when she does.

"Morning, Lex," I mumble back and open my eyes when I feel her shift around to face me. "How hungover are you?" I ask and reach up to play with her soft hair, trying to ignore how close our faces are.

"Surprisingly not very," she replied and closes her eyes again when I start playing with her hair. "Thanks for taking care of me last night."

"Of course. You always take care of me," I remind her and scratch her scalp the way she always liked it.

"That feels good," she whispers and I smile to myself because she looks so cute and soft right now, a stark contrast to the front she'd put on when I first met her.

After a moment of peaceful silence she suddenly sits up and stretches as she yawns, while I just watch her from my spot on the bed.

"I'm gonna go make you some breakfast," she decides and pushes herself out of the bed with a groan, stretching more when he feet hit the floor.

"I can help," I say and sit up slightly but she shakes her head and pushes me back down gently.

"You relax, I got this," she insists and gives me a sweet smile before walking out of her bedroom, leaving me smiling as I lay down and stare up at the ceiling.

After a bit I get too comfortable to move much, but eventually I muster the energy to sit up and stretch out a bit, then look around the room. I didn't really look at it much last night when I helped her get home, and I'm only now seeing just how Lexi it is. Just like her old room, it's full of music production equipment and instruments. Like Fin's room too.

I get up from the bed and walk over to one of her desks so I can get a closer look at the cork board hanging above it. On it, she's pinned up pictures with friends, academic awards, certificates, graded papers, all sorts of things.