Chapter Five

CHAPTER 5BarrySly Fox

CHAPTER 5
Barry
Sly Fox

Barry heads back towards Star Labs after loosing Alter for the second time today.

"How'd it go?" Caitlyn asks as Barry arrives in the cortex.

"Not so good." He says, shaking his head.

"I lost her again. I don't get how the 'fastest man on earth' can loose a shapeshifter."

"It's okay Barry. We will catch this girl." Caitlyn assures.

"We've been going at it for over a week. She's just another meta I don't know how she keeps getting away." Barry starts pacing around the cortex.

"This girl is like the Joker and we're Batman." Cisco shakes his head, staring at the computer.

"Team Flash!" Ralph walks in with a box of donuts, "how's it going?"

"It's going." Caitlyn sighs.

"What's with the grim faces? I just walked in with a dozen donuts." He sets the box on the desk.

"We can't catch this new meta. She's extremely slick." Cisco opens the box and takes out a chocolate glazed donut.

"Mmm," Cisco hums, "you really know the key to a mans heart."

"Well I'm here now okay? We'll catch this girl. Now seriously guys, eat up, I didn't buy all of these for myself."

~

"So how do we catch her?" Barry questions, leaning on the desk.

"She's already stolen thousands of dollars from numerous stores."

"Think about this; If you had $10,000, what would you do with it?" She walks over to the whiteboard with a map of the city.

"Caitlyn, you are brilliant." Cisco smiles showing his tiny tooth gap.

"Now. Places?" She turns around facing the three boys.

"Clothing stores." Barry recommends.

She circles all the clothing stores in central city.

"Jewelry stores. Banks!" Cisco adds on

"Wait, what has the most money?" Caitlyn after circling the banks and jewelry stores.

"Gold Reserve." Cisco chimes.

Flashing lights and buzzers engulf the cortex, startling them. Caitlyn runs over to the desk.

"There's a robbery on forth street."

"Oh not again!" Cisco groans walking over to Caitlyn.

"I'm on it!" Barry hollers, quickly changing into the famous suit and running to the store.

"I'm hacking into the security cameras." Cisco calls into the intercom.

Running to the store, chaos gets closer and closer. Skidding to a stop, Barry looks at the mess Alter has left behind. Clothes and money lay sprawled on the floor.

"What happened here?" He asks, kneeling down to an injured customer.

"The lady came in here. Alter. She took all of the expensive jewelry and stole some money. When one of us tried to stop her, she slashed his arm with claws. I don't think he's doing so good flash." The old lady explained.

"Dammit." Flash says quietly, walking away from the costumer.

"Someone call 911 for this guy please. He's gotta get that checked out."

"She's already long gone guys." He shakes his head as he sighs into the intercom.

"Okay head back to S.T.A.R. Labs then, we have to figure out how to stop her."

~
Jaden

Jaden whistles loudly as she cooks. The tv however, catches her attention.

"Hello good afternoon everyone, today it was reported that another robbery has occurred. The meta, Alter, is the one responsible. Over $35,000 was reported to have been stolen. If you see this woman, call authorities immediately." On the screen, a picture of Alter pops up.

"Oh hey! That's me." Jaden laughs as she continues cooking her famous lasagna.
~

After Jaden eats dinner, she changes into her suit and heads to the meeting spot. For some reason, it calms her. Staring at the city, a voice erupts behind her.

"Alter."

Jaden turns around, seeing a very angry Flash.

"Flash." She nods.

"I don't get it Alter, why steal from innocent people? Why give all these people pain and injuries?" He asks shaking his head.

"You just don't get it, do you Flash? You've never felt the frustration of being left out. Having nobody to talk to? You're always surrounded by people who love you. Like those people you talk to in your head set."

"I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner." Flash says, appearing with a pair of handcuffs

Jaden scoffs and crosses her arms across her chest. "What are those going to do Flash?"

"They're meta cuffs." He gets ready to run.

"Things are only going to get worse Flash." She turns her face serious and before Flash gets her, she turns into a bird, flying rapidly to another building.

After flying for a few minutes, she lands on a rooftop. Transforming into herself, she sits on the ledge staring at the sky.

"You know everyone is talking about the ruthless Alter."

Alter rolls her eyes and stands up. And to no surprise, there stands Flash. But he looks a little weird. His stance and facial expression is unreadable, which isn't normal for The Flash.

"Flash, what the hell do you want? Come here to put handcuffs-" Jaden is interrupted by Flash grabbing her neck harshly.

Her hands grip his trying to pull them off of her. Jaden's eyes are strained on his, struggling to understand what kind of hero he is. As she becomes weak, his eyes change into this crimson color. Jaden starts to lose consciousness as she listens to the gibberish he's mumbling.