Tuning everyone's conversation out I looked to Carter.
"Did you, you know"

"Yeah I did. We're supposed to be meeting sometime this week"

"You nervous"

"Nervous about it being mine"

"I get it. I told you before it'll be fine. Don't look at the negative of it right now. It'll only make matters worse" Nodding his head we both continued eating.

"Get out my plate Rina" Siya pushed me back.

"Where did you get the sweet potatoes from? I didn't see any"

"Kitchen" Grabbing my plate I went looking for them.
"Ma where are the sweet potatoes" I asked. Putting the dessert she had in the oven she went and grabbed the pan for me.

"Yay" I grinned.

"Babe you look different" She said looking me over.

"Different how"

"I don't know maybe it's the weight"

"Okay you're making me feel huge"

"Your not huge but you definitely gained some weight. From the looks of it, it's shaping nicely but still. I don't know. I know my children so I've been peeping everything different about y'all lately. Malai's thighs have gotten bigger and Corey's arms are huge now-"

"Mom" I cut her off laughing.

"Oh don't mind me. Just chatty today. Go eat" She shooed me out the kitchen. Sitting down I made eye contact with my dad.

Here we go, I thought.

"So little girl. What's this I hear about a boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend" Everyone said besides Carter and Sariyah.

"Oop" Riya opened her big ass mouth.

"Mom really" I said as she walked in.

"What? He forced it out of me I'm sorry" She sat down.

"You got caught up" Carter said laughing too damn hard.

"Keeping talking. You'll be next" He scolded me.

"Next? Oh, hell no. I thought we don't keep secrets in this family" My dad said.

"Shit we don't but obviously her sneaky ass do" Dylan frowned at me. It aggravated me that he always had to say something. He never minded his business.

"Dylan we all do, cut it the hell out. And stop looking and speaking to me like I'm your child" I rolled my eyes. I was really getting sick of him. Often I felt like they intentionally picked with me.

"Maybe if you weren't always acting like one I wouldn't. Remember who took care of you most of your life" He threw that last part in my face like I was supposed to award him for that.

"I'm so sick of you, leave me the hell alone. You wanna play house so bad. Go call your damn baby moth-"

I stopped myself immediately as he nodded his head. He started to flex the muscles in his face indicating he was pass upset. He stood and walked out the room knocking his chair down in the process. This just went from 10 to 100 in a matter of 15 seconds.

"Carina" My mother yelled.

"What the hell is wrong with you" Elisa got up and went after him.

"I didn't mean to say that" I said feeling horrible. Getting up I ran outside to apologize to him. As soon as I got there he was already pulling off ignoring Elisa calling him.

"Son, are you kidding me. You know his situation so I don't know why you would twist your mouth to say some shit like that. You're such a fucking bitch. That explains why you have mental issues now" She spat.

"Fuck you" I pushed her making her fall into the concrete. Standing up she immediately swung on me but I ducked it. Before my fist connected to her face, I felt someone grab me.
"I fucking hate you" I yelled at her before pushing whoever was holding me off.

"Rina" My mom called out repeatedly but I ignored her as tears started streaming down my face. I hate this family.

I grabbed my jacket and purse and walked back out the door. Getting into my car I didn't even wait for it to heat up I just pulled off crying in the process.

I drove and drove until I got home and ran inside. Dropping all my stuff and I started throwing up everything I ate into the toilet. Grabbing my ringing phone I shut it off then threw it.

I slid to the floor pulling my knees in, sobbing into my hands.

*      *      *