Neglectful.

"Never neglect the people who are most important to you, simply because you think they will always be there. Because one morning, you might wake up and realise you lost the moon while counting the stars." - Unknown. 

Dedicated to HabibaLovesCake for finding the awesome photo in my cover and sending it to me. I love it SO much. Was supposed to dedicate a chapter to you before but I forgot! Thanks again lovely  ❤

~ As well as being really busy, I've had major writer's block, so sorry if this chappie isn't up to standard :(

Chapter 32 - Neglectful.

Zach’s POV

“Tell me, that you did not just go to Yasmine’s house and argue with her.” 

I was lying down on my bed, still seething from the events that had transpired only twenty minutes ago. Still coming to terms with the fact that Yasmine would keep such important information from me, I tiredly rubbed at my temples. I knew I acted somewhat irrationally, what with my last comment and storming off, but I was sick of not knowing anything these days. 

I grimaced at Jacob, who was standing by my door with an accusing expression. “Just like how you don’t tell me anything, I’m not obliged to tell you.” 

“Grow up Zach. You have no right to be angry at her.”

“Because hiding the truth is a small issue,” I retorted, not being able to resist.

“I’m the one who told her not to tell you or mum.” When I didn’t reply, he exhaled loudly and seated himself on my desk chair. 

“I’d rather you not.” My tone was still laced with venom but it was now accompanied by exhaustion. I needed a solid sleep. 

Jacob just gave me a hard glare, before dismissing my remark and speaking up. “Look Zach,” he began, crossing his arms over his chest. “I’m not going to do this often, since having ‘talks’ and giving advice isn’t my-,” 

“I didn’t ask for your advice,” I said, rudely cutting him off. I was still letting my anger get the best of me and I flinched at my own words. 

“Will you just shut your mouth for a minute and listen to me?!” Jacob exclaimed, running his hand through his hair in frustration. I reluctantly did so, and he bent forward, twining his hands together and resting his elbows on his knees. “Whenever there is a problem between you and Yasmine, or it happens that you fall into an disagreement, is storming off going to be your response? Because believe me, it won’t get you anywhere. I know you Zach -  you’re quiet, but when you’re angry, you’re angry. You’ve got a temper issue and you need to work on it, especially now that you’re getting married.” I knew he was right, which is why I continued to just stare at the ceiling as he spoke. 

“When you spoke to her, were you soft, were you trying to be as understanding as possible? Did you give her time to talk and look at her perspective?” I faced him, to find he was looking at me with one eyebrow raised knowingly. 

“No,” I guiltily admitted. 

“I’m not for this mushy stuff, but dude - you gotta relax sometimes. I’m telling you this, because with the way you’re going, it could cause a lot of problems in the long run. Work on your flaws now and insha’Allah, it will leave both of you happier.” I looked at him thoughtfully, wondering where all this was coming from. He abruptly got up to leave, but I stopped him before he was completely out the door. 

“Wait, Jacob - you’re still quitting your job.” I expected him to come over and punch me in the face, but instead, he smirked and shook his head.