"That's right, plebes!" Steve said. "Obvious!"

"Eli Pepperjack!" Coach said.

The crowd of students booed as Eli stood up. "I have friends!"

"You're worrying too much about Gunmar," Toby told Jim. "Relax, dude. Now that the play's over, you can focus on your training full time. Learn some cool moves, master some deadly arts."

"And finally," Coach said. "Jim Lake Junior!"

"That's you!" Toby said.

"Really?" Steve asked. "Buttsnack?"

Eli gave the two a thumbs up. "Time for some friendly competition!"

"Eat snack, Pepperjack!" Steve said.

"Our nominees will compete in a series of challenges to win your vote," Coach said. "Each nominee will propose a theme for the dance. I like disco! I've got to boogie! That is all."

"How am I going to find time to--?" Jim asked.

"That's not what's important, Jimbo!" Toby told him as the students stood up and walked out of the gym. "Here's what is: You've got a chance to be king of the school! You know what that means?" He gasped. "That would make me duke." He stood up. "Jim Lake for Spring King!"

***

"You have defeated the son, but not the father."

"Gunmar is death."

Jim held his sword in his hand. He was fighting off the beams of light in the Void.

"Blinkous and my son have trained you well in the art of single combat," Kanjigar told him. "But rarely will your enemies do the courtesy of striking one at a time."

He got hit with multiple beams and fell to the ground. "Alright, enough!"

"So, you yield?"

"Yes, yeah, I yield," He said. "This stopped being fun for me a little while ago."

"You must be prepared to face Gunmar," Kanjigar said.

"I think you guys just made your point that I'm not," Jim said. "I'm not strong enough to kill Gunmar, even with my friends.

"We needed to be hard on you because you weren't gonna listen to us. You had to see for yourself."

"Besides, there's no way to kill Gunmar."

"He's invincible."

"No, he's not!"

"So far as we know."

"What do you know?"

"What do they mean?" Jim asked.

"That sword of yours has fought him many times," Kanjigar said. "But has never killed him. your weapon and armor were crafted with a singular purpose in mind. To protect both our worlds. Don't forsake that solemn mission to save one human child and lose your life in the process."

The Void slowly started fading away and he was now back in the forge. "Jim," Draal said. "Did you see my father?"

"I did," He said, the armor disappearing.

"Did he speak of me?"

"Yeah," he said. "He wished the Soothscryer would let you in, but, you know, rules are rules."

"That's alright, Trollhunter. You don't have to lie to protect my feelings."

"He said we can't kill Gunmar. I would only be leading my friends to their death."