8: Meeting the Little Man

I walked into the ice cream parlor, the place where I will meet the pair of mother and son and sat at a table near the big window, and waited for them nervously. I got my phone out as soon as I felt it vibrate.

I smiled seeing it was a text from Bam

I used my fingerprint to unlock my phone and opened up my messages.

Bud ;)<3

B: Where are you guys eating?

L: Sundae Twirl 

B: Do you love me?

This hoe really knows how to make me say yes

L: I'll bring you some rocky road 🙄

B: Yay! Thanks! You are the best!

L: Hell yeah I am!

I heard the bell from the door ring and I looked up and saw Jennie with the cutest toddler in her arms. I stood up and she saw me and smiled her most adorable smile. A gummy smile. 

She walked over to me.

"Hey" she greeted and pecked my lips.

It took me by surprise if I am being honest. I wasn't really expecting her to show me any affection in public like this.

She is my teacher after all so I would have understood if she just wanted to keep it in the safety of her office.

"Hi" I replied cheekily and smiled back at her, showing all the white pearls I am confident about. I didn't spent all morning washing and brushing for me to just hide my teeth like that. 

My attention went to the cute boy in her arms. Trying to take a peek of the person her mom is meeting.

The little boy looked at me and then hid his face in Jennie's neck.

"Sorry, he's a bit on the shy side"

I shook my head

"That's alright. I think he will be more open to me once he's eating ice cream" I said and she smiled while nodding her head. Being shy isn't a problem nor will it ever be a problem. Its just human nature. 

"Maybe" she shrugged, unsure if what I said was the truth or not. Miss Kim is underestimating the power of ice cream I see. I should let her watch the song collaboration with Selena Gomez and Blackpink, maybe it'll change her view in ice creams *wink* *wink*

I guided her to the front. And giving her time to choose what flavors she'd like to have. 

"Chocolate for me," I said towards the man taking orders then I look at the two. 

"And a chocolate for my son too and a vanilla one for me," she said and the man nodded getting three cups and filling them with our orders.

"Vanilla? That's boring" I teased her. She looked at me with a eyebrow raised.

"What's wrong with vanilla Miss Manoban? I like simple things is that a problem?" she asked which made me raise my hands in surrender.

"No ma'am there's nothing wrong with vanilla" I spoke fast which made her laugh. 

Fuck her laugh. Its music to my ears. She patted my cheek and winked at me.

"I like simplicity" she continued and fix her sons position. I wanted to help her carry him but I know the little kid wouldn't like a stranger carrying him. And I don't want to make a bad impression. 

"I can't tell, you hide it very well" I mumbled at what she said and she obviously heard me because she swatted my arm. I chuckled and the man handed us the cups of Ice cream. I gave my thanks and took them.