The Quarrel and the Dog and the Wolf (2)

Start from the beginning

I strode towards Subaru and whispered in her ear.

"This guy, is he a 'character'?"

"Y-yeah. Technically a hidden character. Think back, don't you recall? He was one of the delinquents who was bullying Prince in the first encounter, remember?"

"This guy bullied Prince?"

There's no way I would clearly remember the faces of the delinquents who bullied Prince.

I tried my hardest to recall, but I totally couldn't remember what kind of faces they had. However, now that she mentioned it, there may or may not have been a red-haired large-bodied guy.

"No, no. He may look like that, but he's actually quite a diligent child. In the original story, it should have been Mako and Mitsuki-chan who were there at that time. And then, Kaburagi Kazutoki should have fallen in love at first sight with Mitsuki-chan who happened to be there and tried to save Prince."

This imposing delinquent is probably Kaburagi Kazutoki.

Digesting Subaru's words, the Kaburagi who should have fallen for Mitsuki, who should have been with me when I tried to save Prince, fell for Subaru in place of Mitsuki.

"What if you go out with him?"

It's rare for Subaru to feel disturbed. I grinned and teased her.
However, it seems like something like my teasing was only at the level of a puppy's nibble to Subaru-sama. Without warning, she froze the surroundings with a dark smile.

"I will never cooperate with you again if you talk so impudently."

"I apologise, Subaru-sama."

"Very well."

I looked at Kaburagi once again. As expected, he was blushing and fidgeting as he threw glances at Subaru.

It's unlikely that he'll attack a person who seems like the friend of the woman he likes, so Ikuto should be safe for now. That makes me relieved.

However, the problem is ahead of that. Something like the character of an otome game liking its creator, Subaru, is that viable?

"But, Subaru, what will you do?"

"Whichever way, it's impossible to go out with him and so forth. He's my character after all! I'm completely aware of what kind of personality he has and what kind of approach he will make.

"That's right, huh."

I think Subaru mentioned before that going out with her own character is like going out with her own children.

Unsettled, Subaru took a step back. It's been a while since I saw such a troubled Subaru. It's a little cute. It seems like she'll hit me if I say that though. So I won't.

Neither Subaru nor I are able to come up with a good plan. Both of us simply stood there quietly. The issue changed from Coffee Incident to Dokidoki Subaru Revolution before I knew it.

Just as I worried about what to do, Kaburagi approached us without a word. The intimidation is incredible.

"... Name."

"Ehh, ah, m-me?"

Kaburagi nodded.

"I'm Yurino Subaru. A 2nd-year at Private Atlas Academy's high school division."

"I'm a 2nd-year at Kuzuha Minami Technical High School, Kaburagi Kazutoki.

I pretended not to hear Subaru muttering "I'm well aware of that".

"Un, best regards."

Kaburagi was bewitched by Subaru's certain-kill business smile. He energetically grasped Subaru's hand and spoke a shocking phrase with a red face.