The Sports Festival and the Odd-Jobber and the Staying Over (4)

I finished the odd jobs at the Student Council Room as per usual, and headed to the 2nd gymnasium.

Junya desperately tried to detain me while crying crocodile tears a number of times initially, but as Takayanagi readied Choke Sleeper or Lariat each time, recently he's finally sending me off to the gymnasium obediently.

While the 2nd gymnasium is smaller than the 1st gymnasium, there's more than enough space for volleyball practice.

Over there was Soutarou, whose club activities had already ended. Soutarou who smoothly wore a russet jersey was carrying out attack practices using the wall. Ear-splitting sounds were coming from the wall. It clearly conveys how tremendous the might of his attacks are.

"Soutarou, I've kept you waiting."

"Wun, my club activities were just about over. Well done for your hard work."

Carrying a ball, he approached with a broad smile.

'Well done for your hard work'? Are you my spouse! It's because he's like that that Kaname calls him my wife and so forth. Well, it isn't unpleasant to have one's hard work recognized.

"Then, shall we begin practice now?"

"Yeah, sorry to make you tag along everyday."

"It's alright~. It's because I want to tag along in Mako's practice."

Taking off my blazer and leaving it at the periphery of the gymnasium, I stretched my body. I also left my enamel bag by the blazer.

You may be thinking "Go change into gym clothes!", but the amount of time the school arranged for Ballgame Tournament practices is a mere 60 minutes. Club activities ends at 7pm, and 8pm is already the school's closing time.

Soutarou and I gather here like this to practise whenever we don't have class practice.

"Well then, I'll throw so Mako return it here okay."

"Okay."

It's already the 5th time I practised with Soutarou.

I feel bad having Soutarou tag along each and every time, however it should be fine since he's okay with it.

The ball Soutarou threw drew a beautiful arch as it came towards me. I took a stance to catch the ball and retreated bit by bit. The speed of the ball's slow, so if it's this much, even I who's lousy at ballgames should be able to receive it――......

"Ugh!"

"Uwah, Mako! Are you okay?"

I splendidly caught the ball with my face and got my nose hit just like how it goes in anime and manga. With this, the failures of catching the ball with my face has crossed the 2-digits threshold. My flat nose will become even flatter.

I held my nose and crouched down. My nose stings.
I'm so pathetic I feel crying. Despite having him tag along so frequently, my volleyball skills are as you can see.
Soutarou rushed towards me, and before I who was crouching down, he similarly crouched down, peeping at my face.

"Mako, I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"No...... Soutarou didn't do anything wrong. I'm just fed up with my slow reflexes."

Not being able to even catch a ball despite this much practice, I'm completely athletic-inept. Without a doubt, a ballgame incompetent. This ballgame incompetency is probably not at a level where something can be done about it just by practising.

What should I do? At this rate I'll be dragging everyone down again.

"Mako doesn't have slow reflexes. After all, apart from ballgames, you fare satisfactory right?"