𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞

*:・゚☥・゚:*

*:・゚☥・゚:*

Bringing the magnifying loupe closer to the detailing on the peculiar box Jonathan unearthed, Dr Bey emitted yet another grumble. The Carnahan trio seeked out Terence Bey, unable to decipher the true nature of the box.

Or, more accurately, Alex was sure they could reveal its secret by themselves but Evy wanted to hear the third opinion.

Evelyn, ever the impatient, hovered behind him, wringing her fingers in excitement. For three years she had been an archivist for the Cairo Museum - and she liked it, truly - but this mysterious find awakened a forgotten flame in her, an adventurer willing to go at great lenghts to unearth the true nature of the puzzle box.

"See the cartouche there," She leaned over Dr. Bey's shoulder, finger pointing towards the four hieroglyphs carved into the box. "it's the official royal seal of Seti the First, I'm sure of it."

Dr. Bey pursed his lips in annoyance, lowering the loupe. "Perhaps."

Jonathan bounced on the balls of his feet, already imagining the possibilities behind his find.

"Two questions." Jonathan held up his hand. "Who the hell is Seti the First?  And was he rich?" Alexandria suppressed a groan - of course her brother would inquire about the prospect of treasure first.

Evelyn was quicker to respond. "He was the last Pharaoh of the Old Kingdom, said to be the wealthiest Pharaoh of them all."

Raising a finger Alex added. "Well actually we managed to confirm he was one of the first pharaohs of the New Kingdom and uh we might be able to trace his lineage back to Tut."

"You mean Tutankhamen? The pharaoh Dad found?" Evelyn gasped. It was the discovery that launched their late father into the stars, and most likely sealed their career paths.

Jonathan made a move of shushing Evelyn, not interested in the academic details of his discovery. "Alright, good, that's good and splendid but let's get back to the rich part. I like this fellow, like him very much."

The curator picked it up once more, examining its both sides while Evelyn continued to buzz around.

"I've already dated it, this map is almost four thousand years old.  And the hierarchic over here...." She inhaled deeply for the sake of dramatics.

"It's Hamunaptra."

A flash of fear crossed the Curator's face, but it disappeared as quick as it appeared. He glanced between Evelyn and Alex.

"My dear girl, don't be ridiculous, we are scholars, not treasure hunters. Hamunaptra is a myth." The curator stressed brusquely, trying to quickly disregard their theory.