Bonded for life...Wait don't I get a say in this?

Start from the beginning

I looked up at a clock over the lockers and my mouth opened in shock. The clock said that it was just now seven o'clock. I shook my head. The stupid thing must be running behind.

I decided that now would be a good time to eat my apple but sit it out after the first bite. It was rotten. Just my luck.

I stomped over to a garbage can and chucked it in.

I glanced around the hallway again and there still weren't very many students. I asked a few girls walking down the hallway what time it was and had to stop myself from banging my head against my locker when they told me it was a little after seven.

My mother had changed my alarm clock again. There was one day early in the beginning of the semester where I was late to school and ever since then my mom would periodically change the time on my alarm clock if she though I was cutting it too close.

I opened my locker and took books out of my backpack that I didn't need and took the ones from my locker that I did need. By the time I was done I had put more books into my backpack then I had taken out plus I was carrying a few that wouldn't fit in my backpack.

I could feel the familiar ache forming in my shoulders and lower back. If I got serious damage from this then I was defiantly suing. Whether it be the school board or my mom was still undecided.

Right as I was passing the door that led to the office it swung open and slammed right into me. I toppled over backwards and landed with an "Oaf" on the ground. My books had flown from my hands to the other side of the school hallway and my backpack hung with bruising force from my upper arms.

"Oh Miss Huntington I didn't see you there." I looked up to see Mr. Sullivan our principal standing over me looking flustered. He was a shorter man and what he lacked in height he made up in girth. His straw colored hair was already thinning and his brown eyes always seemed to be watering. He fidgeted with his stubby hands for a minute before turning to the person standing the next to him.

"Zane help Miss Huntington up will you?" I resisted the urge to gasp as a lean figure disentangled himself from the shadows. The guy looked like he belonged on a Hollister poster. His dark brown hair was styled perfectly and his impossibly green eyes bore into mine.

He was wearing a dark gray sweater, dark pants and red vans. His sweater hugged his arms and chest suggesting at the muscles hidden beneath. He reached out a tanned hand and I stared stupidly at it my brain refusing to function.

He leaned down and grabbed my arm pulling me up as he straightened. As soon as I was standing he let go of my arm and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Zoey" Mr. Sullivan addressed me when I had collected all of my books. "This is Zane Westguard. He's new here." Duh as if that wasn't obvious; Zane was defiantly the hottest boy in school. "I'd like you to be his tour guide for the day or week. Help him with whatever he needs."

My gaze was glued to his face. He smiled at me and winked. My legs felt all shaky.

"Um...Okay" I mumbled intelligently. Mr. Sullivan left us then and we stood awkwardly in the hallway looking anywhere but at each other. I cleared my throat as more and more students started to fill the hall.

"Do you have a zero hour?" I asked him. Without replying he handed me his schedule. I tried to reach for it and hold on to my books but gravity took over. My books slipped from underneath my arm.

In a blink of an eye Zane had swooped up my books, tucking them neatly into the nook of his arm. I opened and closed my mouth a few times but said nothing.

I scanned his schedule delighted to find that we had a couple of classes together. But he didn't have a zero hour.

"Okay well um I have to get to class right now but after wards I can give you that tour." I gave him back his schedule and reached for my books but he avoided my reach. I raised an eyebrow at him and turned around. I stole a few glances over my shoulder to see if he was following.