Across the Ocean

Charlie Swan sat in his best friends house in LaPush. "Billy?" "Yeah?" "Do you remember my other daughter? She'd be turning 20 this September." Billy looks at him concerned. "Charlie, she's been gone a long time." He never actually knew what happened to his best friends first daughter.

"I want to find her. Renee put her up for adoption without my permission." Billy looked shocked by this. "Then we'll find her. I think you should tell Bella first though. She deserves to know." Charlie takes a sip of his beer and nods.

He drives home later that night and walks in to find Bella past out on the couch. "Bells, wake up. We need to talk." He shakes her shoulder gently. She rubs her eyes and sits up. She yawns. "Yeah, Dad?" He smilies a bit at her. "You awake?" She nods and drinks some of her water. "Good, I've decided that you needed to know what happened between your mother and I. Bella, I love you a lot kid. Your mother and I, we had another daughter two years before you. I worked a long weekend and your mother went to see her parents and took you both with her. She only came back with you. I found out when we divorced shortly after that she put her up for adoption." Charlie has tears in his eyes by the time he's done. "I have a sister?! What's her name? Where is she?" I yell and get up. "Her name is Samantha Elizabeth Swan. The family that adopted her probably changed her name which is why I can't find her. I'm not sure where she is. I just wanted you to know in case something happens."

Bella sits down and takes it all in. She looks at her dad. He looks so sad, so alone. He must have felt so alone when mom left and took me with her. She gets up, sits by him and hugs him. He hugs her back.  Both of them smile. This is what they've always wanted from each other.