The Presentation

AN: Check the end for a full AN! But smth kinda important is that there was no holy cheek smooch in the movie. So yeah :) enjoy I guess...

~

"Connie it was just a presentation..." I try to calm her, but I already feel her staring daggers at me from the other side of the locked bathroom door.

"Just a presentation- Steven it was in front of the entire school!" My head falls against the the door as I sit crouched in a ball against it. She does the same on the other side, her back pushed up against the door. If it weren't for the locked object separating us, we'd be a perfect mirror of the other, back to back.

"Well-"

"There were over two thousand people there! It was meant to spread awareness about how no one reads books anymore! Instead when one person started... they all did."

"Did what?"

"Call me four eyes." She hesitantly whispers, obviously embarrassed. "And a lot more, but that's how it started..."

"Connie I'm-"

"Two thousand people Steven!"

"But no one's called you that since I healed your eyes like three and a half years ago..." I don't remember her telling me about people teasing her for years. One day it just seemed to stop.

"Do you think they care.. other variants include freak, mutant, and a lot more rude and inappropriate things!"

"Connie it's not the worst thi-"

"Steven what do you mean?! That's by far one of the most embarrassing things to happen to me! Ever!"

"It's not the most embarrassing thing in the entire world though..."

"But it is Steven! Not that anyone had any respect for me before, but now it's just completely gone!" Tears well in her eyes as she slides even further down the door of the bathroom keeping us separate. I hear her silent sobs from the other side.

"Connie please don't cry..." I beg. She stops for a minute before they continue, accompanied by sniffles.

"Ste-Steven I'm sorry it's just-" but a cry interrupts her. There's a moment of silence before I speak up.

"Do you want to hear an embarrassing secret of mine?" I hesitantly ask her. There's another void of silence before she speaks.

"Yes..." she squeaks out.

"We-well... I've uh, I've had a um, 'crush', on this girl I've known for what feels li-like a lifetime..." I begin, my voice shaky. "She's super n-nice and funny... just an all around amazing per-person! An-and she's s-so pretty as we-well as her in-intelligence!" I gush.

"Steven why didn't you tell me about another girl you met!" She says slightly appalled, but laughs at the end through her tears.

"Well I um-"

"Wait don't tell me!" She pauses. "You met her at that conference you hosted a few weeks ago about Homeworld?!"

"Connie it's not-"

"No wait! Maybe she's a new resident to Beach City!?" She says excitedly.

"No you're way off-"

"You know, why didn't you tell me about her when you first met her! I'd love to meet her she sounds like a great person!" She interrupts.

"Connie you already know her..." I quietly speak, knowing what comes after.

"Wait how?! You've never introduced me to another girl around our age!"

"Because it's you Connie..." I awkwardly say. Silence once again consumes the conversation. "Connie I-I'm sorry things are gonna be awkward between us now an-and I don't want to lose y-you!" I panic, tears running down my own cheeks. But then the door opens, causing me to almost fall to the ground. I fumble to stand and meet her gaze. My whole body shaking as if the ground were moving from under me. Without hesitation, she pushes her lips onto mine, my eyes widening in complete shock. I quickly relax, pulling her body into mine. Once we pull away, I see her gentle smile, the dark, messy curls hugging her face. My mouth slightly agape with a strong blush spread across my cheeks, causing a soft giggle to come from her. She kisses my forehead, rustling my hair a bit before walking past me to the living room. I quickly scramble to follow her around the corner. She turns in curiosity, a small, delicate smile on her face. She grabs her bag on the couch as I continue to follow her like a shadow would.

"Thanks Steven." She gives me one last kiss on the cheek before walking out the door. I graze my hand across the same cheek, a love struck fool type smile spread across my face. A few seconds pass before I run out the door to the balcony.

"Wait Connie!" She stops at the bottom of the stairs and turns to me. "I-I'll see you tomorrow...?" She chuckles a little bit.

"Ha yeah... I'll see you tomorrow..."

"I'll see you then Strawberry!"

"Bye Biscuit..."

~

AN: So uh, yeah. I actually wrote this like a week before the movie... A BITCH CALLED THE END OF THE CHEEK S M O O C H SCENE BEFORE IT HAPPENED! I'm actually genuinely terrified to post my writing so this is an experiment. I have tons of it and I still love to write so lemme know how you felt about this... might post more we'll see...! Feel free to leave CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but please be nice you have no idea how much it is taking for me to post this. But yeah, I guess just lemme know how you felt about this.