-four-

Textured gold rings, and today he does the same thing, the back of the napkin only has one letter.

A

Which means that the letter from yesterday must have been intentional. Which means I should probably be keeping track.

I open the untitled document in my drive and scroll to the bottom, past the long and embarrassingly detailed descriptions. It's scary to me how much I notice him, all of the nuances of his actions and his habits that even he must not realize he has. The document is embarrassingly long, and I end up scrolling back up to the top so as not to have to see how much I've actually written about him.

I hit enter twice, creating a space for the letters, and write D and A on the first line.

And then for the rest of the morning I watch him, the way he pushes back his hair right after he finishes a drink and right before he calls the drink for the customer. How when he smiles at the customers it's practiced and even but when another barista makes a joke only one corner of his mouth comes up in a smile, as if he's surprised.

And it hits me, not for the first time, how hopelessly infatuated I am with him. Even though I barely know him.

________________

yes it's short and incredibly inadequate what about it?

honestly I don't even have an excuse ... yeah

feedback is always appreciated!