Chapter 1

"Mr. Huangzhou, Mr. Huangzhou, ERIK HUANGZHOU!"

I jump up in my seat. I look around the classroom and I see my classmates snickering at me. I begin to blush in embarrassment.

"Now that you're back on Earth, I would like you to tell me the answer to the problem on page fifty-six." She stares at me with eyes that can burn a hole through your head. I look at the page in pure confusion. I dont know shit about algebra or math in general.

"Um, the answer? The answer is-", before I can guess some bull-shit answer, the bell rings signaling the end of the period. I sigh in relief as I begin to pack away my things.

"You got lucky today, Mr. Huangzhou."  She stares at me for a quick second before she turns towards the class. "Do pages fifty-nine to sixty-two for homework." The entire class groans as  they walk out the classroom. I'm mixed in with the crowd.

The hallways of Somerset Canyons Academy are always filled with students heading to their classes. I'm lucky enough to find a friend in the chaotic mess of a crowd. I head to my second period, English 2 with my favorite teacher. She supports me with my art and writing. I'm also her student aid when I have the chance.

"Raah!" I jump as someone grabs my shoulders. I turn to the right and I see Harley grinning. "What. The. Actual. FUCK. You don't go around scaring people in hallways. I could've fallen on you. You know how tiny you are." He kicks me in the shins. "Shut up!" He speaks something underneath his breath in like Korean or Japanese or maybe both. Who knows when it comes to Harley, the small Asian boy.

"Well, let's head up to class anyways. We don't want to be late for literally the best teacher in this school." We head up the stairs towards her room. Today we've been working on prompts to help us fuel our imagination and ideas. She actually said that she'd rather watch a movie than do that, but since it's part of the curriculum we have to do it.

We enter the classroom and I freeze.