8• You Just Called Me Mr. Big-Shot Athlete

Start from the beginning

"And you would be right about the randomness of this person I'm texting," I said. "It's a mystery man."

Tree raised his eyebrows. "A mystery man?" He asked. "Well, that's quite interesting. Tell me more." He grabbed for a stool and sat down while I focused on my painting.

"Some guy wrote this very sexual thing on my car after a party, which I obviously was not drinking at," I said.

"Obviously," Tree agreed.

"And he also wrote his phone number, so I texted it. And long story short, we've established that we're going to keep our identities anonymous," I explained.

"Do we know anything about this boy besides his gender?" He asked.

"We know that he goes to this school," when I said that, Tree gasped, "he has a girlfriend who is a cheerleader, and that's what we have."

"Ugh, a girlfriend? Sounds fake to me," Tree said.

One thing about my art teacher was that he was incredibly eccentric and slightly crazy. He was basically one of the students. He was young, only 23 and fresh out of college, slightly long blonde hair, and about 5 foot 3. If I saw him in the hallway, I might not even recognize that he was a teacher. He's just overly invested in the lives of his students, specifically me. I'd been in his class for 3 years straight now, ever since Freshman year, and we were basically homies.

"No, Tree, it isn't fake. He has a girlfriend," I said. "Celeste has been going crazy. She made me make a poster board with her with possible candidates for who this guy could be."

"Well obviously that's the answer," Tree said. "And what might you and this boy be talking about right now?"

"He asked me what class I'm in and I wouldn't tell him due to the fact that we are supposed to remain anonymous," I told him.

"So he's texting you during class... someone likes you," he teased and I rolled my eyes. "How often do you two text?"

"Tree, you are distracting me from my portrait."

"No, no, no. That boy is distracting you from your portrait and I am your teacher, so your new assignment for the class is to spill the beans on this text relationship," he said.

I sighed and kept painting, moving from red to a light pink color. Another text popped up on my phone and Tree grabbed for it, pointing it in front of my face so he could unlock it and see what the text read.

Mystery Vandaliser: Okay I feel bad for calling you ugly. I sincerely apologize.

"Awe he apologized for calling you ugly," Tree gushed. "Hold up! He called you ugly?!"

I laughed. "It's just a joke, Tree. Can you let me respond or work on my portrait?"

Tree sighed. "Fine. But I am going to be expecting updates each class on this relationship of yours. Because if you are going to be spending my class period texting a boy, you can at least let me enjoy and live vicariously through your teenage life."

"Deal," I agreed, only to humor Tree knowing that he wasn't going to let this one go. He smiled eagerly before leaving back towards his desk and letting me get back to my painting. But before I started painting again, I sent a quick text to the mystery boy.

Alex: It seems you're distracting me from my very important work, so I'm gonna have to stop texting you.

Seconds later, a reply.

Mystery Vandaliser: Look who's getting too attached now...

♡♡♡

"You guys are lowkey flirting," Celeste said while I showed her the latest string of texts between me and the mystery boy right before biotech started.