A Damsel In Distress? - Chapter VI

Zen's Point Of View

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

We finally arrived at our destination. The harbour had always been full of people, but today it was especially bustling.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Y/n glancing around in awe. Her eyes were sparkling.

"It's really busy here!", she exclaimed, her voice full of excitement.

"It's because people from various countries come and go here. It's a crossroad for all kinds of cultures."

Seeing how excited she was, I couldn't help but smile along with her.

"Oh prince zen?!"

We both looked over to the source of voice.

"I've recently received some very fine wine. Might I interest you in some?"

"Not today. Maybe later.", I politely declined. Knowing that the soldiers still had some supplies left.

"Do you know him?", Y/n stared curiously at his retreating figure.

"He's a wine seller I met in town a while back. I've been buying gifts for my soldiers from him ever since."

"I see, you sure do know a lot of people."

"Well I am the prince.", I winked at the (h/c).

Y/n let out a scoff before chuckling to herself, "Of course.", she replied matter-of-factly, prior to walking past me. In hopes of having a look around the harbour.

I soon followed suit.

"Oh, Zen.", she suddenly turned on her heels to face me.

"Yeah?"

"I've been wondering, why do you keep sneaking away from the castle? Prince Raji usually just ordered his servants to bring him things. And he gets really mad if they didn't bring him what he wants.", her features contorted into a look of disgust.

"Thats easy to imagine.", I let out a small laugh, stretching my arms as we both gazed out into the sea.

We stood at the edge of the harbour.

"You said it before right? That this country is charming" I exhaled while stretching my arms up in the air

"Yes. It really is. Unlike its prince"

My body flinced hearing her words. I snapped my head to fully face her. Only to find her failing miserably in containing her smile.

'How unfair. How could I get mad at her if she smiles like that.', rubbing the nape of my neck, I glanced back at the sea to contain myself. "Well excuse you, but I'm also quite charming if I do say so myself."

"You know what they say. Confidence is a bliss."

"I can prove it. I'm not all talk.", I fixated my eyes on her nonchalant face.

"Oh really? Whatever you say Zen.", Y/n sighed in amusement.

"Yes really.", I crossed my arms, tilting my head up subconsciously.

"Then, show me how charming you can be your royal highness.", The (h/c) girl giggled while lowering her torso, jokingly bowing to me.

I couldn't help the smirk on my face. Quickly grabbing a hold of her hands, I placed a kiss on it. Before pulling Y/n closer to me, causing her to stumble over until our bodies were mere inches away from each other.