Realization - Chapter V

3rd Person Point Of View

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Both Zen and Y/n rode a carriage to take them to the harbour

Both Zen and Y/n rode a carriage to take them to the harbour. The ride had been quite so far, with small talks between the two arising here and there.

"Mount Koto?", Zen repeated her words.

Without looking up from her notes, the (h/c) answered, "Yes".

"That's the mountain beyond the ocean. What precisely are you looking for there?"

"Many medicinal herbs are native to the area. I want to stock up and study more on about medicine. So the town pharmacist told me of a few promising places. Mentioning this one as especially good."

"Why do you still need to study? Aren't you already an herbalist?", the prince furrowed his brows. Confused while trying to figure out the reason for himself.

"Guess I am. But I'm only ever going to get better if I study more. And there's still so much to learn too. I want to know everything.", a faint tint of pink adorned her face. Her apparent interest brought a warm feeling to the white head's heart.

He smiled at her, one could even mistaken her to be his lover from the look in his eyes.

A couple seconds that felt like a millennium passed before the prince realized that he had been staring at her.

"Then why don't you come with me to the forest tomorrow?", he suggested trying to calm his blushing face. Hiding the fact that he simply wanted to spend more time with her.

"I'd love that! Thanks Zen!", her eyes sparkled with excitement.

He could only hoped that one day she'll have those look in her eyes when she thinks about him.

"But, I was wondering. Why are you going alone? Where's Shirayuki?", Zen finally asked the question that had been roaming through his mind the moment he saw her alone at the palace gates.

"Oh... I want her to take it easy for the time being. She's been through a lot. With the whole concubine thing and all", a meek forced smile stretched her lips.

"Haven't you also been through a lot? You went through the same thing too.", he shot her an arguably logical question in response to her.

'Well... crap. I didn't think of that. When it comes to my friends, I just tend to forget about myself.'

Not finding the words to retaliate, she finally gave up and agree with him, "I guess.... you're right."

"You should take care of yourself better. I'm worried about you.", he placed his hand ontop of hers. He did so subliminally.

As the two shared each other's warmth, their heartbeats quickened. A burning sensation raised to their faces.

Their faces went red, and they both looked away simultaneously. With Zen rubbing the back of his neck, and Y/n fanning her face.

"Hey... so uhm--", he mumbled before turning his head back to face her.

At the sound of his voice she did the same.

They turned to face each other once more at the exact same time. Closing in the gap they had just made between each other. Their noses almost touching.

Precisely 2 seconds went by before the two realized their proximity.

"Hic!"
A small barely audible hiccup escaped the (h/c)'s mouth.

Zen blinked in surprise, before his face reddened even more than before.

Y/n immediately slapped her lips, jolting back, before accidentally choking between her own breath.

She cleared her throat a couple times to calm her beating heart down. She hit her chest with one of her fists.

"You okay?", Zen asked, this time he didn't look at her. Not wanting to risk his heart stopping from the overwhelming nervousness.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm fine", she managed to sputtered out with a giggle. Still gazing down.

"cute...", the white head mumbled, his voice barely above a whisper. Fortunately for him, no one seemed to have heard what he just said.

When she decided to take a small glance at the prince one last time.

Their eyes met, and they both looked away.

Seconds passed before they glanced again. Locking their gaze. And the two subconsciously smiled together.

The awkwardness in the air was somehow comforting. And it didn't bother either of them.

The silent and stillness in the air was broken when the (h/c) glanced to view the gorgeous scenery.

"Clarines really is a beautiful country.--", she marveled, the soft wind blew through her (h/c) hair.

Zen felt the wind grazed his skin, but he didn't give a sliver of his attention to it. As he gaped at the girl next to him.

"--Such a charming and peaceful place.", a soft smile present on her face.

The prince's eyebrows rose, and his mouth dropped slightly, 'Am I.... falling for her?'

Before he could dwell on his thoughts any longer. The little boy sat across them, interrupted him.

"Mommy mommy! Are they a couple!? Could they be a prince and a princess?!", A little boy sitting in front of them asked her mother very loudly. Pointing at the two without a care in the world.

"Shhhh eat your food quietly" Her mom said

Clearly trying to avoid her son from embarrassing her even further.

The little kid looked down sadly, upset by his mother's scolding.

An idea popped up into Y/n's head.

"We are, do you also want to be a prince??? " She leaned forward and smirked at the boy. Prompting one of the brightest smile to appear on the kid's face.

"Yes I do!!! Mommy I want to be a prince!!! Can I be a prince??? " He answered

Everyone on the carriage laughed along with the (h/c).

Y/n smiled brightly, not knowing the full extent of her words.

The white haired prince covered his face with the palm of his hands.

His heart fluttered after hearing her answer. Both excited yet disappointed, since he knew that she was only joking.

The rest of the carriage ride continued on peacefully.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Okay I haven't wrote a single a/n in the edited chapters but, why the heck is this chapter so short old me?!

I had to add in new materials just to make it slightly longer.

Wth. how lazy were you?!