Chapter One: The Island of The Culprits

Beginne am Anfang

We also cross other employees, who don't even throw us a single glance. 

"The employees don't look too lively" I comment.

"Don't call them 'employees'. We are the servants, and the Huserdown are our masters. You should start referring to them as such" she advises me sternly. 

She eventually stops in front of a huge wooden door, knocks three times then motions for me to let myself in, before she leaves me to accomplish my destiny. 

Let the masquerade begins. 

For a few seconds, I feel so afraid that my heart stops beating. I voluntarily chose to spend the rest of my life working under vampires's commands. Vampires. Werewolves' natural enemies. That's craziness put into action.

Good thing my wolf hasn't manifest himself for years and that I no longer feel the urge to shift, or I would have been dead already. 

Inside the room, there are five vampires sitting on large thrones. The setting is so pompous that I want to laugh, but that wouldn't be a good way to start my relationship with my future employers - sorry, Masters, so I refrain myself. 

They are all very beautiful, as cliché as it might be. Well, hello, Cullen family. Where's Alice Cullen? She's the hottest one, Edward always looks like he's ill. 

There is a lanky man who looks like he is his late fifties, a very old woman with beautiful gray hair and bright blue eyes and a young chubby woman with hazel eyes and blond hair. Next to her is a handsome man with short blond hair, a strong jaw and a stern expression. He must be in his thirties. 

The last vampire, who I guess is the youngest of the family, is the most remarkable one, though. He doesn't look like the others in the slightest, so my guess is he's been adopted, although I have no idea how it works for vampires. 

He is probably still in his early twenties, so a couple of years younger than I am. He has a dark skin, curly brown hair and dark eyes that look like they can see the unseen. 

Although he has a boyish face, and is slightly smaller than me, because I'm ridiculously tall, I can tell that he is much stronger, not just because his tight shirt outlines his well-defined muscles, but because of the aura of power that emanates from him. 

He doesn't look too kind either. There's definitely something wicked about him, under this heavenly appearance.

I guess I'll have to be extra careful around him. He should never find out about me being a werewolf, or else he will shred me into pieces. 

I only take two steps forward, before the oldest one signals for me to stop and wait. Then they start talking about me - surprise, surprise, probably thinking I can't hear them. Well, I guess I couldn't, if I was a human,  especially since the room is huge and they are whispering.

Unfortunately, I am a werewolf and I can hear every single word they're saying.

"He doesn't look like much" the young woman comments. 

Ouch.

"Why don't we hire more sexy humans? I want my eyes to contemplate beautiful faces and bodies, not plain-looking ones" the youngest vampire complains, after giving me a quick once-over.

"Hush, Malik" the old lady admonishes him. "I already told you to stop fooling around with the staff. At least now I know you won't bother this one."

"I definitely won't" Malik scoffs. "He is so not my type."

"He is not mine either" the young woman adds. 

"Alright, thank you all for sharing your tastes in men" the old lady interrupts with a stern expression. She then looks at me and speaks out, louder this time: