Jail

Carter's pov

My story starts in a jail cell in a police department. Reason; simply because I was accused of stalking and arson. Both, however, were not my fault and I wasn't stalking them I was watching over them. As for the arson I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, ending up in me being led away in hand cuffs. I was trying to help them and protect them from the people that wanted to use their abilities that even they were unaware of. But it is my job as the last protector to keep them safe after my mum and dad died. They were the protectors before me and they protected the last generation of gifted ones before my generations. I got caught trying to protect them and I got thrown in a cell to wait for the parents of the gifted ones to arrive and ask why I was stalking their children. I knew that all I had to do to get out of the mess I was in was to tell them my parents names and BAM. Bye bye jail cell. So anyway back to the cell. I was sat on the bed when the parents came in with an officer behind them. You see I was cuffed at that point and couldn't get up to greet them. The result of that predicament was the women looking me as if I was something on the bottom of their shoes and the men asking me a thousand questions with their eyes. I sighed because I was, sadly enough, used to all the disapproving glances and glares. Living on your own In the middle of the woods is harder than you'd expect when the only repair guy you trust is on holiday. And you'd think with all the money I had from my dad and the nice tree house I lived in life would be easy. Well it's not. I was getting uncomfortable with the questions bouncing around in everybody's eyes so I spoke.

"If you would kindly stop giving me disapproving glares I shall introduce myself." I told them, making them jump. They all stopped. I stood up in front of what seemed to be Ed, Bella and my boyfriends parents and smiled.

"I am Carter Fox, you knew my parents, Jane and John. Now I hate to say it but fate is cruel, your children are the next-generation of gifted ones. I, as you might have already guessed, am their protector." I stated calmly. They gasped and started to apologize frantically. Tony 's mum came up to me and held her hand out towards me.

"I am Gabriella, Tony 's mother and this-" she said gesturing to her husband, "-is George Tony 's father. I think I speak for all of us when I apologize for inhibiting you from doing your job." Gabriella told me. I smiled at her and went to shake her hand but remembered that I still had hand cuffs on. Gabriella noticed because she instantly took her hand back and walked towards the officer, who was thankfully out of earshot for the whole conversation, and demanded my instant release from both the cuffs and my cell. I soon got released from both and with my black trench coat flowing behind me I took off in the direction of the doors of the department with the parents behind me.

"I do believe you have some explaining to do to your kids. Oh and if you don't mind can we do it at Susan's and Harry's house, I think your son Sean has something to tell you." I shouted over my shoulder as I took off towards Ed, Bella and my boyfriends house.