Chapter 9

"I don't know what the hell you were thinking!" Harry's voice boomed through the appartment. I could hear it clearly from the room I was in and the door was shut.

We had gotten back here about half an hour ago. And as soon as we got here Harry asked me to go to his room to rest and calm down after the stressfull events of earlier.

"I'm sorry! I was worried about her!" Niall defended. "I don't give a fuck. You put everything at risk today!" Harry scolded.

"It wasn't that bad Harry. They just got worried because she couldn't answer their questions!"

"Wasn't that bad?! The cops where there when I arrived Niall. They could have taken her!" Harry said.

Everytime someone yelled I flinched involentarily. It was a habbit I was going to have to get out of my system some time or another.

"Taken her away? From who Harry? They could have helped find her family!" Niall said. I could tell that he was also starting to get angry.

"Get the fuck out Niall."

"Come on mate! This is crazy!" Niall almost pleaded.

"I said get out! I'll call you later." Harry said with a sort of finality in his voice.

I didn't listen further. This was upsetting me. I was sitting on Harry's bed curled up in a ball under the blankets almost trying to hide myself from all of the anger going on outside.

A couple of minutes later Harry entered the room looking furious.

Immidiately, tears welled up in my eyes as I got ready for my punishment.

He stomped to the bed and I cowered back wide eyed. "I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me I wont do it again!" I pleaded as the words left my mouth without me being able to stop them.

Harry froze.

"What?" He asked as the colour drained from his face.

"I... I'm really sorry." I whimpered. A tear fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek as the familliar feeling of fear started creeping back into my body. A feeling I had almost forgotten about.

"Tessa, I would never hurt you." He said, his tone of voice the complete opposite from when he talked to Niall.

I felt my heart rate calm down a little bit, but I still wasn't sure that I could trust his words.

"I came in here to see if you were okay. I wanted to know if you needed anything?" He asked softly, almost sweetly.

I felt my body relax as my eyes found his.

He slowly sat down on the bed next to me, careful not to touch me without my permission.

He looked deeply into my eyes and his hand slowly grazed my own. He wasn't holding it, he was just touching it lightly, like a feather.

"I want you to know Tessa, that I would never hurt you like that." He said sincerely.

My breath got caught in my throat as our eyes locked. An unfamilliar current ran from his body to mine through the slight touch of our pinky fingers.

I didn't know this feeling, but I didn't like it at all.

"I don't trust people like you Harry." I whispered truthfully. It was honestly the most words I have spoken to him since I've met him.

His brows furrowed at my words.

"People like me?" He asked confused. After all, I barely knew him.

"Yeah... Men." I finished softly, pulling my hand away from his.

_____________________________

QTC: What do you guys think about the statement Tessa made to Harry about not trusting men???

Love yall

Word_Adict