Chapter 4

2:00 AM

The lights in the hospital flickered on and off,the emergancy siren went off. "What's going on?" I whispered to myself.I took the tube out of my nose and got out of bed,quietly stepping out of my hospital room.The number 5 was tared off the door.I walked down the hallway.I haulted in my tracks,there was blood on the floor along with the Doctor's the blood came from.I let out a sigh of fear and began to run down the hallway.I grabbed the emergency phone and dialed Mike. "C'mon answer Mike answer answer answer" I said quietly.The phone was answered. "Mike?!" I said. "Yea dude it's Mike whats up?". "Okay listen someone or something is in the hospital it ripped the doctor's to shreds and whatever this thing is pried the number 5 off my hospital door." I said. "Aidan are you okay?" Mike asked. "Yes i'm fine but I need a ride out of here" I whisper-yelled. "Alright dude i'm on my way" Mike said. "Wait Mike!" I said. "Yea dude?". "You don't have a car", "I'll bring you're bike" Mike said. "K bye" I said then hung up.Then it came down the hallway. "Mayor Kline?" I said. "How ya feelin' kiddo?" Kline asked. "Uhm fine sir...but you don't look so good" I said. "That's not a nice way to talk to you're elders kiddo" Kline said.I backed up as far as I could. "D-Did you do all this?" I asked swallowing the lump in my throat. "Well I like to think I 'examined' the situation" Kline said.I took off running down the hallway and then I slipped.I was frozen in the air, "Why does this keep happening?" I asked myself.I got myself on the ground and everything unfroze and I continued to run until I ran into some room slamming it shut and locking it.I let out a deep breath and then a man emerged from behind a curtian.It was the idiot Nancy and Jonathon worked with Bruce. "I have a certian feeling you were apart of this too" I asked out of breath. "Bingo" He said charging towards me head first I moved out of the way making him hit his head on the door and getting knocked out. "Phew" I said walking out the door and out of the hospital. "MIKE!" I yelled. "MIKE!".My backpack was rested on a concrete plank I grabbed it and fished out the walkie talkie. "Mike do you copy? over" no answer, "Dustin do you copy? over" A muffled voice came threw the radio "Meow" It was Dustin's cat. "Crap" I said putting the walkie back in my bag.Mike finally drove up with his other hand on my bike. "What happened?" Mike asked. "Kline and Bruce went on a killing spree in the hospital,neither of them know I'm out here" I said. "Okay let's get out of here before they get the hint" Mike said and I hoped on my bike.We were off.

7:00 AM

I yawned and got out of bed. "Tell me why you came home with a broken arm last night?" My mom asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Mom I can explain" I said. "Then let's hear it Aidan! this is'int North Carolina Aidan this is a dangerous town 2 kid's went missing last summer!" My mom yelled. "Me and my freinds were riding our bikes and I flew over a rock cause I couldent see so I broke my arm.Mike's mom drove me to the hospital" I said. "Mike Wheeler?" Mom asked.I nodded "Well i'm glad you're hanging out with good influences but from now on put you're light on you're bike when you're riding at night!" She said stirnly. "Yes ma'm" I said.My walkie went off it was Dustin "Dude code red code red at the super market CODE RED!" Dustin said. "On my way!" I said running out of my room. "Bye mom love you" I said running out the front door and peddling off to the super market.I walked inside. "Oh...my...god" I said. "Everythings gone" El said. "Joyce is gonna flip" Mike said. I looked at him confused. "It was Will's mom"  Mike said,I nodded. "Someone must have been pretty hungry" Dustin said. "Yea" I snickered taking off my black glasses and cleaning the smudge off of them and then putting them back on. "It's to early for this crap" Lucas said crossing his arms. "Shut up Lucas!" Max said slapping him in the arm. "Well...what do we do?" I asked. "We could call Nancy and Johnathan see if they can get the word out." Dustin said.I stod there silent with my eyes on a green apple with goo on it. "Guy's?" I said picking up the apple. "Ew that's disgusting" Max said pointing to the apple. "Rember that...creature that I told you guy's attacked me in my bedroom?" I asked.The group nodded "Yea the Demogorgon what about it?" Mike asked. "What if thats what did this?" I asked.We all glanced at eachother and then the storage door shot open.