Chapter 12: Give Me A Hand Here

Whats this? Two updates within 24 hours of each other?!?!?

Ngl it prolly won't happen again but steam has picked up cuz I'm excited and I love this book.

In any case, I have come to warn you.

This chapter has some brief graphic violence

You have been warned.

Oh there's also some swearing at the end but I bl**p out the vowels.

Cuz we can have blood on the floor but by golly we can't say gosh dang it!!

:3 enjoy!

"Wait there's two of you?!" Jason asked first, staring wide eyed at the identical Metas.

"Actually there's three." Roy said as his copy got closer, he had been running towards them with the key card from the guard he presumably stole it from. Roy's doppelgänger slipped the card into the key slot, it took a second for the buzzer to beep green and the cage opened with a slight squeak. Roy was still grinning as he got out, thanking his double with a pat on the shoulder.

"Where's Will? Is he with you?" Roy asked once he stood up.

"We rendezvous with him past this room," the other Roy jabbed a thumb at the door on the opposite side of the one he had run in through."Through a hallway and a left, there's a vent there low enough for us to reach."

"I'm still confused." Jason interrupted, both the younger boys now sitting eagerly at the front of their cages. If Roy was breaking out he had to break them out too!

"My power, I can make clones of myself." Roy said, gesturing to the other Roy. "This is Jim, we figured we should have different names but decided to keep it simple."

"But the collar...? Why didn't it work on you?" Billy asked, big blue eyes wide as Jim came over and unlocked his cage too.

Roy snorted, "the Joker guy is an idiot, he thought he could wear me out so that my clones come back to my body, but he doesn't know how my power works. I can't just make any number of clones, well I guess I could, but they'd be practically useless. I can only make two good ones, those two can survive on their own. They're literally clones, with bodies of their own and thoughts and feelings."

Jason was out next, scrambling out of the cage to stand, then got assaulted by a full body hug from Billy. He looked like he still had questions, but Billy was distracting him.

The child was mumbling things, mumbling "We're out, we're out, Jason." Into his red shirt. Jason has his arms wrapped around him, but his eyes went up to the older Meta.

"We're not out yet Billy."

"Keep close." Jim said, waving a hand as he jogged across the room to another doorway.