Chapter 1 - Dust to dust

Rocks were in my back stabbing me, my head felt like a log, my legs and feet were numb and tingly, my eyes open and I feel awoken. "James Kennedy" that's my name, I am from Vault 13 and My Mission is to find a water chip yet all I see are fucking rocks, and a sound of chirping? A drop of seething, burning, radiated water that burns a hair off my head makes me realize I am in a cave. "Shit..." I remember who I am now and my mission, but I had only read about caves in the Vault Library, I look around and I see a big vault Door and and a keypad, I panic and type on it, no use. I look and a giant Rat corners me I look and see I have a Bobby pin, a knife, and a gun with 24 bullets. I fire 2 bullets and hit the nightmare creature, it slumps over as it was being puppeteered by a sadistic force of evil. When I read about rats they were small creatures that ate cheese and were for the most part harmless but these... things were not what I expected, what the radiation did to animals after the bombs fell, I shudder to think. I take a closer look and see his skull has lumps and flesh growing. These rats were in the cave while the bombs dropped and the radiation is leaking into their blood. I keep moving, stepping on rats and I even find a pile of bones, animal bones... at least I hope their animals. I keep moving trying to see where to go, I finally see a light and run toward it. Stabbing rats that are able to bite my pant leg. I get out and sit down to breathe but the air was dusty and every inhale I felt as though I ate dust. I was in a nightmare, but the bag I have had things other than my three "necessities" I look and I have a holster, a flare, and a gas mask. I put it on and I can finally breath normally, my mind is clear and my mission becomes scarier. God, let me die quick.