Chapter Sixteen: Invisible Girl

Everyone was staring at me, making me rather uncomfortable right now with all the attention. Though it wasn't anything new, as I was a teacher and having children stare at you wasn't new, but this felt different.

"You have an hidden talent?" Dick's voice rang out in my ear, making me turn to face him. Hidden talent? It's not show and tell... But I couldn't lie any longer, they need to know about my abilities, and I trust them. All of them with this secret...

"Yeah, I do," I spoke strongly, as there was no turning back now. I took a deep breath as I took a few steps forward to Dick, standing in front of him. "I can... turn invisible," I said to him, but I could feel everyone's eyes on me. Dick's face looked in disbelief. "Better to show you," I walk pass him and to the spot where Kory and Gar had stood, but I faced them, as they watched me with care.

I took a deep breath psyching myself up, as this was a right thing to do. The right thing to tell them, so I can be an asset to the team. Suddenly, I concentrated to become invisible and within that moment of thinking, I felt myself become invisible and the shocked/surprise expression on their faces.

"Whoa," Gar had spoken, his eyes lit up. I smirk to myself, but they couldn't see it.

"It's not the only thing I can do," I spoke, as I become visible to them once again, but they still held their surprised expression's. "I can create fields of energy, like force-fields," I messed with my fingers as I was kind of nervous. My gaze went down to meet my hands for a brief moment, before looking up at them. Gar was wearing a cheeky excited smile, waiting for me to do my thing. Rachel all ready knew I could create force-fields, but she still held shock as she didn't know I could turn invisible. On the other hand, Kory and Dick was clearly surprised the most and were waiting for me to do this.

I turn on the spot, my back facing to them, as I stare at one of the single hay bale. I extended my arm, my hand open and my fingers spread. Just then, the hale bay, was wrapped around a dome of purple energy, the texture was also energy kind. I raised my arm up and the fore-field followed, containing the hay bale within. It was like a round ball, the hay in the middle, but the field was also hallow. With one quick thrust to the left, the force-field went to the side, before it fades and let the hay bale out and hits the barn wall. Hay going everywhere and destroying it's shape...

I spin back around to face the guys, their eyes widened, like it was more shocked. "I can also project force-fields around myself and other people. So, it's more defence than offence," I had spoken to them, offering a small smile...

"Wicked!" Garth states excited, a wide smile on his face. I smiled back at him, at his over-excitement he has.

"Must say that was awesome," Kory had responded her gaze went from the destroyed hay bale then to me, flicking her magenta hair over.

"We also have invisible girl?" Dick raised an eyebrow, as I just nod my head at him.

"Basically," I retorted back at him, offering a thin smile. Just then, my phone began to ring from my jacket pocket, making me grab inside the pocket and retrieve my phone. I see the ID of my mother phoning. "I have to take this," I spoke direct with them before heading to the door that leads outside, while answering the phone.

The cold air hit me, as I stood on the muddy ground. "Hello," I spoke through the phone, parting my raven hair. 

"Honey, are you all right?" My mother's voice came through the phone, making me smile with hearing her.

"Yes, I'm good Mom," I replied back to her, my voice held giddiness almost. "I've told people," I had blurted out to her, but on the other end of the phone there was silence, just for a moment.