Chapter 7;

Holly's POV

The party was heaving with people. Socialites my mother wasn't at all friends with but merely knew of, and only invited them for what gifts they'd bring.

I was wiser than the party-goers, I had my mothers present delivered to her house this morning at 11am, that way if she didn't like it she could return it and I wouldn't know, or care.

"Holly, darling." My mother pulled me into her, it was more her crushing me against her than a hug.

"Mother,"

"You must be Harry," She smiled.

"I am," Harry's smile charming. He takes my mothers hand and kisses it. "Pleasure to meet you Mrs McIntyre."

"Oh no sweetheart," She chuckles. "Ms. I'm a widower."

I swallow looking away, I hated when she mentioned that she was a widower, the way she laughs it off as if it's nothing.

As if my dad was nothing.

"Oh,sorry." Harry apologises. He looks down at me but I avoid his eyes.

"Don't apologise sweetheart," My mother flirts feeling his bicep.

"Let's go get something to drink," I sigh taking Harry's hand and walking towards the bar.

As we stood waiting for our drinks I felt Harry's eyes on me, almost observing me in a way.

"What?" I ask briefly looking up at him.

"You didn't say your dad..passed."

"I tend to not bring it up in every day conversation," I roll my eyes.

Harry continues to look at me, his face serious.

"Holly!" I shut my eyes at her voice. "Hey sister." Sophia beamed walking up to Harry and i, a brunette who I assumed to be Liam following her.

"Sophia," I took in her appearance, a red dress that just touched her knees and 8 inch Louboutins.

Typical Sophia.

"You must be Harry," She purrs literally checking him out in front of me and her boyfriend Liam.

"I am, nice to meet you." Instead of kissing her hand she had out he turned to the bar and grabbed his beer, pushing my orange juice towards me.

I inwardly smirked at his brush off and the slight shock on Sophia's face.

"Enjoying the party?" She bounced back.

"As much as the year before party, and the one the year before." I roll my eyes.

"Well, you didn't have a boyfriend last year,did you?" She tilts her head with a smirk.

No because I'd just broken up with Zayn, but I won't go there.

"Nice to meet you," I hold my hand out to Liam ignoring Sophias dig. "I'm Holly, Sophia's big sister."

He shakes my hand. "Liam,"

"This is my boyfriend, Harry." I smile.

Harry shakes his hand before returning to his beer.

"He's here, you know." Sophia speaks.

"Who?" I ask looking around drinking my orange juice.

"Zayn,"

I stop drinking and watch her face, watch for her to say she's joking.

"Why?" I ask quietly.

"Mum invited him," I feel Harry watching me.

"Oh,"

"He probably won't talk to you," She shrugs.

I swallow. "Okay,"

The party was going well, I was mingling, Harry by my side. He was perfect, he smiled in the right places, kissed me, held me, showed me affection all at the right times. We genuinely felt like a couple.

"I'm just going to the ladies," I smile faintly.

He nods sipping his second beer. He was stood with Eliza and Carrie - two girls I went to uni with. They weren't here for me, they were invited along with their parents, Eliza's parents both high barristers, Carries mother a model, her father an investment banker.

After freshening myself up and rolling my eyes at the two socialite daughters who were comparing manicures, I left only to be stopped.

"Hello bunny," I froze at his nickname for me. I hadn't heard it in so long.

"Zayn,"

"Long time no see,"

"Reason for that," I bite back.

He laughs. "Forever quick with comebacks."

"That's me,"

"I've missed you,"

"That's nice,"

He some how became closer.

"Come back to me Holly, we were so happy."

"You messed that up. You cheated not me."

I feel my back hit a wall, his arm resting above my head, I feel his eyes watching my lips.

"I know, I'd do anything to have you back."

"You okay princess?" I hear an unfamiliar voice ask. Zayn moves out of the way and I see Harry stood, a confused look on his face.

He looked so sweet.

I move away from Zayn, our eyes never leaving one anothers. "Peachy," I smile taking Harrys hand and walking back into the party.

"Who was that?" Harry asks as we sit on a plush sofa.

"My ex, don't ask."

"Drink?"

"Love one, this time.. add alcohol." I laugh as he makes his way to the bar.