Chapter 5: The Battle Of Narita.

Start from the beginning

Cornelia said "Then we'll just have to have hope they succeed then and put your hypothesis to shame.".

I mentally said "By the days end you'll wish you listened to me.".

We soon got the report that all of our units were in position and were ready to move out.

A Few Minutes Later*

Cornelia and her personal guards left to get ready to take part in the battle and left me and Euphemia in charge of logistical support and the medical group.

I mentally said "Let the slaughter begin.".

Euphemia was asking the Staff Officers about why the Lancelot was hanging to the rear and they said it was because numbers weren't allowed to operate but they did let out a helpful hint of information that it was Schneizel who was the patron of the Lancelot.

The operation soon commenced and Cornelia and her guard as well as 100 hundred units set out to destroy the Japan Liberation Front.

I ignored everything the Staff Officers said and focused on the holo map of the Narita Mountains.

The map was soon scrambled by the enemies ECM.

I sighed and said "That's a damn shame now isn't it.".

The map soon came back online and I could see Cornelia's unit fight back some of the enemies Glasgow's but Dalton's men seemed to be getting the full force of the mountains defense and the enemy was taking heavy losses.

Cornelia radioed in and asked "What was that hypothesis of yours again Sub Viceroy?".

I said "The battle is still young Viceroy, don't underestimate our opponents, they may have a few tricks left up their sleeves.".

The enemy continued to take heavy losses until we lost Dalton and Alex's units to a landslide.

Zero and his Black Knights soon began to attack and wanted to take advantage of the confusion.

We lost Carius's Unit and Cornelia's reserve units left their post and tried to take Zero's forces out before they could reach Cornelia.

The reserves tried to stop Zero's forces but were inevitably destroyed by Zero's forces.

I smirked knowing I was right about the loss of 80% of our forces.

More forces arrived and hit Cornelia's forces from behind.

Cornelia withdrawled to point nine while these 5 new allies of Zero and the Japan Liberation Front went toe to toe with Cornelia's personal guard and the Purebloods kept Zero's forces pinned down.

Dalton and his men were soon forced to retreat in order to link up with Cornelia.

I was told I needed to handle this battle so I and Euphemia said okay to the the use of the ASEEC's Lancelot in this battle.

The Staff Officers advising Euphemia questioned us but after a stern look from me they backed down.

I turned back to the monitor and said "Sometimes the mostly likely option for winning is the most unlikely thing you'd expect.".

Cornelia was soon pinned down by a single Knightmare then the rest of Zero's forces.

Dalton was pinned down by a pincer assault.

Cornelia was about to be taken out but Suzaku and the Lancelot arrived just in time.

However the Lancelot went head to head with one of Zero's units while Cornelia tried taking Zero down.

The Lancelot forced this other unit back and Zero and his forces began to retreat.

I mentally said "So his plan was for one unit to defeat Cornelia and without that unit, his plan would fall apart. The Lancelot could also be a root cause for his retreat but none the less, Zero's plan to apprehend Cornelia has failed.".

The Lancelot soon began to go after Zero and he successfully took out his unit.

Suzaku radioed in and said "Found Zero. Going in for the capture.".

I sighed and mentally said "Guess Zero just wasn't good enough after all huh?".

Suzaku for some reason started blasting at everything and anything that moved and I believed Zero got away.

Our forces soon began to retreat at the behest of Cornelia and that signified our loss in my opinion.

A Few Minutes Later*

Cornelia entered the personal transport and said "You were right Sub Viceroy Elizabeth.".

I smiled and said "No need to thank me Viceroy.".

Cornelia shrugged me off and said "Zero escaped again.".

Hearing those words made me have hope for a future confrontation.