The World

Lance was visiting over, another of our play dates which I have grown to despise.

"Hey" he knocked on my room as I frantically tried to hide underneath my sheets my scratch of papers lying around.

"Is this a bad time?" He asked as I believe he could hear my running to and fro my room.

"No! its okay, come on in" I managed to smile as I opened my door for him.

"Nice bedroom" He seemed more casual and at ease today.

"Hey you seem casual today" I greeted him.

"Maybe its your room, it feels homey."

Homey. That was a level up, he could have gone with something like it feels like home.  But no, he didn't.

"What's this?" He walked towards my map of the world. It holds lots of picture and quotes and doodles.

Only a few have known about my little strange obsession for doodles and quotes and pictures and just plastering them altogether on my wall. I had totally forgotten to hide my map behind its curtain.

"oh, just nothing."

"Wow, you really want to travel the world?" he said.

I decided to quit lying and from this moment just tell him the truth. Truth was, me lying only got me into more trouble. I decided to stop then maybe it might bring me a little luck.

"Yup. After I finish school, I'm moving out of here"

"Why would you wanna do that?"

"Don't you? Nick and I have been dying to get out of here, Adventure lies out there, I need it."

"Doesn't sound all too good to me"

"You just wanna stay here? grow up and be a governor yourself like your dad? or inherit your family's company and live happily ever after here?"

"yes. Maybe that is my adventure"

I lay on my head in frustration.

"For once, don't you want to do something with your life? Like do something crazy and funny and something you will remember for the rest of your life.

"I had my fair share of my toils and troubles, thank you"

"Why do you always talk like that?" 

"Like what?"

"Like you're stuck in some kind of fairy tale or somewhere really old where people talk like that"

"Like what?"

"Like everything is so formal and just weird!"

"try me" He dared.

Whoa tough guy to dare a girl like me.

"How would you say if its hot outside?"

"It depends whether its hot and dry or hot and wet,  I might say, It is humid outside, or it is warm outside."

Face palm

"Lance, you just say, its hot, Whoever taught you to talk like that?"

He laughed, and it felt good that he seems relaxed, somehow this conversation was going easier than planned.

"I don't remember"

He looked at his watch. 

" I have to get going, I really enjoyed tonight"

I smiled at him. "be safe"

I do not live with my real mom. My real mommy and daddy got divorced when I was born. I was an accident baby and they soon realized that they are not meant for each other. Sally, my step mom took me in like her own. She loved me very much and she was more of a mom to me than my real mom. My real mom used to send me little postcards and letter every holiday but that was all. My dad was royalty. He was from a long line of royals who once live here in our island. It doesn't matter much now but I guess it mattered then, when he was young and his grandfather was young. 

I just sometimes feel so out of place in this family. 

Lisa was perfect while I always struggle to get by. The thing with Lance is that its scaring me. All my life I had always dreamed of going away and travelling the world but my parents had been blinded by their own ambitions that I have to somehow marry this Lance guy as if he's so great. 

The thing about these stories about a guy like Lance is that the heroine would try to get to know the boy better and soon enough she would realize how lonely the boy is and how much of his past has affected his present and soon enough would end up falling in love with him. 

Could that be my ending? Sucker.

No. I would not be tied down to their dreams. I will travel the world.