My Sister's Rage

Happily, I made it home before 12 or anyone of my family arrived from the party. I decided to go straight home instead of going back to the party. Well, much to my delight, My parents didn't even scold me about sneaking out from the party they just told me that they are glad that I am safe. Guess, doing it for almost every year that I had to attend the banquet leaves them kinda numb to that situation.

Well anyways, it was my sister's rage that bothered me. She had not been able to find the heels that I borrowed from her.

"You irresponsible brat!"

"AM NOT!"

"Where are my heels!? did you know that those pairs cost a fortune! they're even more expensive than you"

"I told you, I left them on the balcony when I snuck out"

"What kind of idiot would leave expensive heels out in the open?"

Yup, I was that kind of an idiot. I am already running late for school but by the looks of it, she was just getting started on me.

"I'm sorry!"

"Sorry won't cut it! if we don't find that shoes by the end of the week, you will pay for it, every cent of it"

That was scary, other than the fact that those are just shoes, I don't have any money to pay for such expensive shoes! of course I could always ask from mom or dad, but if Lisa would ever find out about it she would just make this nightmare worse than it is.

"wew" I opened the car door and rushed inside just in time.

"Hey" Nick laughed at me.

Other than the fact that I had forgotten to eat breakfast, I looked like a total idiot. My hair's a mess, my shirt had not been ironed and my sneakers are even tied yet.

"Shut it" I glared at him and he followed me.

"Hey I heard pretty boy's back"

"Who's pretty boy?"

"Loser Lance"

"That's my code name, get your own"

"well it just stuck" He laughed as he bit on an apple.

At the face of food, I don't think. I grabbed his apply and took a bite. Nick didn't seem to care. This is what I love about our friendship. Nick doesn't care what I do or how I look (well except if I look like a total idiot) or what I eat or how I roll. He sure was relief from all the stress my parents had given me all my life. Yes, I get it that I belong to a rich family or you could call a family of the "elite" and I have to act properly and dress properly and eat properly. It just gets really too much sometimes.

"Well, I'm gonna call him, Lover Lance."

"Why?" I said as we walk towards our class.

"Heard he's got a thing on you" He smiled mischievously. I hate that smile. Its like a wicked smile that says he has a secret that could ruin your life.

"Where did you heard that?" I demanded. Stupid lies.

"Somewhere"

I punched him in the arm.

"Jerk!"

"Wait!" He grinned again. "Is it the other way around?"

I felt goosebumps all over my body. 

"Disgusting!" 

How could Nick even think that? Lance!? the boy I loathed and hate and hate and hate and hate and it just goes on!

I swear I will curse Nick if he had pursued the conversation, lucky for me he stopped and started talking about our math teacher. 

Then the memory of Lance at the banquet started to haunt me. It was a nightmare and it was only 8:30 in the morning. 

I had decided to ask Nick if I could work at their coffee shop after school.

"whoa! rich kid say what?" 

We were sitting at the top of a hill. It was our special hill, hidden behind the pollution and traffic of the city.

"I just want to be ready in case I won't be able to find Lisa's shoes."

"Then just go ask from your dad"

"No, it was my fault Lisa's shoes got lost"

"talk about being responsible" Nick laughed.

"Nick, I'm serious."

Nick's family was different from mine, they were the average type. They don't own a mansion, they don't have a pool on their house, he doesn't even have his own car. Yet, Nick seems happy, they all seem happy, their home is always a happy place. 

"okay, I'll go ask dad tonight."

"Thank youuuuuu!"

That was a relief, at least for now, I have a back up plan if ever Lisa's heels goes AWOL.

"Mime has a party tonight, wanna come?" Nick said

"Sure"

The party was crazy. By 10:00 almost everyone was on the floor, dizzy and puking. Mime's house was a mess and yet it was an awesome party. I didn't drink much but I was getting a little dizzy myself. I went to look for Sarah to tell her that we should be going home. Sarah was still with her boyfriend and they're still dancing so I decided to just leave her and let her know. Nick already left which I don't know why. By 11:00 I decided to go home since I was getting really tired already and I had puked almost 3 times already. I called our driver to meet me outside.

THE alarm blared in my ears screaming for me to wake up. UGH! I hate school. Compared to yesterday, other than my really tired eyes, I looked pretty okay today. 

"someone's having a hangover" Sarah teased as we were by our locker.

I nodded dumbly, too tired to think and my head still aches like crazy.

"Hey are you going to the dance next Friday?" 

Oh, here we go again, the dances and the dates and the dresses. I hate dances.

"nope" 

I never went to the dances, other than the fact that I hate gowns or dresses, I also hated how everyone had to go with a date and seriously why are dates such a big deal?

"Come on, come with me just this time"

"You'll just be with Jimmy and then you'll be dancing and you'll just leave me alone"

Believe me, I've been there.

"Come on, Tim, its our last year, you gotta let loose a little"

I have been loosening up a little. Instead of going to 2 parties a week, I now go to 4 parties a week. That was a level up for me. Dances were just not my thing.

"Sarah I'm sorry no" I smiled at her although she frowned at me, she got the message, no means no.