Chapter 24 The Danger Room

Once Alina gets Thor settled in his room, they head down to the Danger Room where Logan is waiting for them. They walk into the control room where Logan is setting everything up.

“Alright, as I told you before Goldielocks, I'm going to set the Danger Room at the hardest level. This level will have the best of the worst. You'll have to fight all sorts of Mutants with different powers in several different situations. Also, I put in some Sentinels for you, but you won't know when they appear.”

“What are Sentinels,” Thor asks.

“Mutant-hunting robots, Sweetie,” Alina tells him.

Thor looked horrified.

“They don't exist anymore; The Supreme Court had them deactivated. Claiming that it was inhumane to hunt down Mutants like animals simply because we were born different,” Alina explained.

“But we still train with them just in case they ever return,” Logan tells him.

Thor nods, better to be prepared for any possibility.

“So, are you ready, Thunder Thighs?” Logan asks. Alina glares at Logan.

Thor rolls his eyes, “I am ready, Logan.”

“Alright, head on down.”

Alina takes Thor down to the Danger Room. She kisses him before he enters and wishes him luck. He walks in, and the doors close behind him. The minute the doors close and the scene is set, Thor lifts his hammer, and he is clothed in his armor and signature red cape. Alina makes her way up to the control room when she sees this happen.

“Nice trick,” Logan says, “Okay, Goldilocks, we're gonna get started.”

Thor nods and holds Mjolnir tighter. The lights dim then come back up. Thor finds himself in the middle of a destroyed city. Cars demolished the buildings are crumbling; there's the smell of death and decay in the air. The sky is a harsh red, and the climate is thick and oppressing.

Thor furrows his brow and looks around, in the distance he recognizes the Avenger Tower toppled over and realizes that this is New York. He knows it's a simulation, but it looks so real Thor can't help but be disturbed by it.

Thor cautiously makes his way through the city; it was hushed. All that could be heard was the sound of the wind blowing and Thor's footsteps. No cars, no sounds of human life. It was very eerie how silent everything was. Suddenly, Thor is surrounded by several giant mechanical beings. He looks up and realizes that these are the things that Logan told him about, The Sentinels.

The Sentinel directly in front of Thor addresses him, “Warning, Mutant, you in violation of the Mutant Control Act. Give up peacefully and return to the labor camps or be destroyed” Raising its hand preparing to fire.

Thor was horrified. One way or the other, if he was an actual Mutant, he was being given a death sentence. Thor slowly raised his hands in surrender, then with all his might, he threw Mjolnir at the Sentinel. The Sentinel turned out to be more agile than Thor expected. It easily dodged Mjolnir and fired at Thor.

Thor threw himself to the side just as the other Sentinels that had surrounded him began to fire as well. Thor instantly called Mjolnir back to him. On her return, Mjolnir crashed right through the head of the Sentinel that was directly in front of Thor. The Sentinel's eyes went dark, and it crashed into one of the buildings, toppling it over. As the building collapsed, Thor spun Mjolnir and tried to fly away from the wreckage. But one of the Sentinels was able to grab Thor by the foot and threw him. Thor ended up crashing through several walls of an abandoned skyscraper. Thor made his way out of the rubble towards the edge of the building. Thor spun Mjolnir and took off towards the Sentinel that had thrown him. He landed on the Sentinel's shoulder and called down a bolt of lightning. The lightning bolt hit the Sentinel in the head, causing it to short circuit. As the Sentinel fell, Thor flew in between the other two Sentinels. They tracked Thor's movements and fired. At the last second, Thor dodged the blast, and the Sentinels ended up hitting each other, destroying themselves.