Ch. 28:The Strega

Start from the beginning

Klaus says,"Bloody hell."

Natalya's POV

I say,"Davina, honey it's gonna be ok."

She looks at me scared still throwing up soil. Suddenly, the house begins to shake violently, as though it's an earthquake. Concerned, the two walk out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where they find Rebekah looking around in confusion.

Rebekah asks,"What the hell is going on?"

Klaus and I walk out with Marcel behind us.

Klaus looks grim as he says,"Davina."

Rebekah, looking worried, rushes into Davina's bedroom to check on her. She sits next to where Davina is laying weakly on her bed.

Sown in the living room, Klaus and Marcel are conferring about what is going on. I sit on the couch watching trying to think of a way to keep Davina from lashing out with her magic.

Nik says,"This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?"

Marcel replies,"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this."

Nik asks,"How did you control her when she was in the attic?"

Marcel replies,"I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend."

I reply,"He's not wrong, Nik."

Klaus ignores me replying,"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

Marcel and I say,"She's not a tool."

Klaus replies,"Something's wrong with her."

Elijah says,"She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?"

Elijah suddenly gets an idea and goes to leave the room. Klaus gives him a look of confusion before stopping him.

Klaus asks,"Where are you going?"

Elijah replies,"This is witch business. Let's ask a witch."

I reply,"Sorry I don't have any idea. I have never heard of such a thing."

Elijah leaves the room and finds Hayley waiting for him in the hallway.

I ask,"Niklaus, wanna help me out real fast?"

He looks at me confused as Marcel leaves to check on Davina.

I walk over to him and take his hand entwining our fingers.

I say,"Follow me."

We vamp speed it to the plantation and the house is empty. We walk into our room and I shut the door. Nik's hands land on my waist as I turn around.

Nik asks,"What did you need help with, love?"

I reply,"Niklaus, I need you to help me understand why you did what you did."

Nik seems shocked and says,"I did it so we could get Davina back. So we could keep the witches in line."

I reply,"Niklaus, you almost lost Davina. The witches are no more OUT of line than they were before."

Nik is starting to get frustrated and exclaims,"WHY MUST YOU QUESTION EVERYTHING I DO FOR MY FAMILY!"

I reply,"Because I am your fiancée. Soon I WILL be your family as well. And I want to know what you would have done had it been me?"