The Missing Princess

By  NicoleBrown745

Genre: General Fiction

Rating: 4.75/5 

Reviewer: ThoughtfulSushi

Review

This was a marathon read! There is a lot of story here, and in my honest opinion, could probably be two separate books. I loved the characters in this book, many of which were very well put together and consistent. Except one. 

Callie for me seemed a bit all over the place at times. At her core, I love her. She is strong, wildly independent, kind, and loyal. In the beginning, she had no problem being borderline rude to drunk fraternity boys but then flirted with Henry after he drugged her, kidnapped her, and reviewed she had no choice but to marry him? Her inner dialogue says she hates him but her actions say she's attracted to him. It's just not Callie and pretty out of character for her from a reader's perspective. 

Despite that seeming like a colossal bash on her character, it's a small fraction of her overall character that is otherwise consistent with her personality traits. 

The story arched nicely and there were definitely some times I clung to the edge of my seat with anticipation. It was a nice combination of obvious twists and letting the reader put the clues together. With a little elbow grease this will definitely be a 5-star book!