Stefan nodded and said, "Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." 

"Right," Elena stated. "But where?" Damon shrugged and she continued, "No one knows. Look, I appreciate what you guys are doing, and I'll be able to sleep at night, knowing that Echo and I will be safe here, but we're not going to be prisoners." 

Stefan backed down almost instantly, and Echo looked up at Damon, who said, "Your death," to Elena and Bonnie as he kept a hold on Echo.

"Don't worry, I'm ready," Bonnie stated, making everyone look at her, "If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how." 

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that O and I can be," Elena stated, grabbing Echo from Damon who pouted. "Come on."

They then walked out of the door.

AS they entered their history class, Elena noticed the flyer on her desk and held it out to Stefan, silently asking him if she could go. Stefan instantly shook his head. She rolled her eyes before showing Bonnie, who nodded her head yes. Elena gave Stefan a smug shrug before she showed Echo who was sitting behind her.

Echo shrugged, before turning her attention to Ric who was walking into the room.

"Good morning, class," he called out, setting his things on the desk, "What are we learning today?" he muttered to himself.

"With the decades dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," Dana told him from the front of the class.

Ric nodded. "Right," Ric stated, "The sixties." He stopped for a moment before staring at Elena for a good moment, before he noticed Echo behind her. He shook his head and walked around the desk and in front of the front row. "The, uh, the sixties. Actually, I wished there was something good I could say about the sixties, but.. actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban Missile thing, the — we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric," Echo corrected him. Everyone looked at her weirdly, and she rose her brows. "What? Not awesome enough to be nickname bases with the teacher? Sucks for you."

"Right, all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Echo," Alaric stated, giving her a smile, and she gave him a wink in return.

DURING lunch, Echo sat at a table by herself, her tongue stuck out, and her brows creased as she tried to sketch something in a sketchbook that Jeremy had given her to practice in.

She had barely registered when her sister and Bonnie sat down across from her.

"Hey," Elena greeted with a smile. Echo barley
glanced at her before she continued sketching — or well, try to. Elena chuckled and asked, "how's the sketching going?"

Echo mumbled something incoherent, using her thumb to smear the pencil's mark, makings shadow. It wasn't as good as Jeremy's drawings, but she had drew a tall man blocking a doorway, his shadow crawling up a wall, towering over him. It was creepy, but she has always like that type of thing.

"Wow... that's morbid looking," Elena chuckled once Echo showed her the sketch. "But, you've gotten so much better. You could be the next big hit if you continue to do what you're doing."