S5 E5 - Girl Meets Love

Start from the beginning

*Hours later, at the bay window*

"Riley, I got a problem!" I shout as soon as I climb inside her room
"Maya, I've got a problem!" she screams simultaneously.
"Okay you go first" we gotta stop talking in chorus I swear.
"Okay you first" I say. Maybe she wants to talk about her problem with Missy and I can't let this opportunity slip because of a simple 'I love you'
"Okay. Peaches, I guess that by now you have noticed that Missy and I are being distant"
"Well no shit, Sherlock. What's going on between you two? Are you okay?" she smiles
"Yes, we are"
"Then why are you being so distant? Especially in public"
"Because..." I take her hands in mine
"Riles, it's me. This is our save place. Please tell me what's going on so I can help you"
"Whenever Missy and I start acting like a couple people look at us weirdly. Even if we just hold hands. I can't handle everyone's looks. I've tried to ignore them but I can't. They  all judge me. Maya what if what I'm doing is wrong?" I hug her tightly. I can't believe this.
"You're kidding, right? There is nothing with you and what you're doing, okay? You have absolutely no problem, got it? You are perfect, Riley. You can't feel sorry and apologize for your feelings and for who you are. Don't you ever doubt that. If people can't see that then it's their damn problem. You are not hurting anybody by being who you are. Please don't let other people affect your relationship with Missy. You two love each other. I know it's hard for you to ignore the looks but I want you to try to not paying that much attention to them. Okay?"
"What would I do without you, Maya?"
"Probably drown in an attempt to pick an apple with your mouth"
"It was Farkle who saved me!"
"All you had to do was lift your head!" we laugh.
"So what was that thing you wanted to talk about?" I can't add her more stress with my stupid problems while she's dealing with hers.
"Uh, yeah. Do you know how to remove a puke stain? Chet threw up all over my favorite jacket"
"Ew, Maya, gross!"
"I'll take that as a no"

*The next day, at Topanga's*

"So my sister is feeling insecure because of people staring at her and Missy weirdly?" I nod
"Yeah" Elliot throws the towel he's using to clean the counter away
"I'm gonna fucking kill them"
"You're gonna kill half of the world's population?"
"If necessary, yes"
"I don't think that's possible" There's a brief moment of awkward silence between us. After he declared his love for me we've been kinda distant.
"So, how's school going?" I say in an attempt to change the subject
"Oh, Maya. Don't start this again" I frown
"Start what?"
"I already know how the conversation is gonna go: 'Well, it's kinda hard for me to work my butt off and only get a C' 'Oh, sweetie, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Take me as an example, I have straight A's and work my ass off as much as you'" What is he insinuating?
"Elliot, I can get that you're tired but you don't have to take out all your frustration and anger in me"
"Maya, if you're as smart as your A streak says you are, you'd know just to leave me alone right now" I finally come to realization
"Is this about my grades?"
"Yes, it is! I-It's about you...you shove your stupid grades in my face! Or how you become captain of something. Or you offering to help me with art!"
"Wow. I'm sorry that I tried to help you with a class you were about to fail"
"I wasn't failing, okay? Having an F means failing it, I had a C-! Look, my life is just as important as your life. Even if I don't do my life as good as you!"
"As well as you" I whisper in an attempt to correct him.
"What?"
"I was just saying that it's not as good as you-"
"Are you-are you-are you crazy, Maya? Are you kidding me?! That you would say something like that right now?!"
"Elliot, this whole thing is crazy!" Thank god that we're already closed and there's only the two of us here right now.
"Well at least I'm not a hoity-toity-kiss-my-mom's-tushie!" he did not just do that
"Maybe I have to kiss Ms. Matthews' 'tushie' because she isn't ready to let you go yet. You know why? Because she knows damn well that you aren't prepared for the real world!" I can see the fire in his eyes cooling off
"What did you just say?" I definitely went too far. I shouldn't have said that.
"I just said that you haven't experienced a lot in your life and that you still need to-"
"No, no, no! That is not what you said! You said I'm still a kid, a looser, Maya! I know you said it because I heard it! I heard it from your big mouth!" I tilt my head at his comment and take a few steps towards him
"Oh! I have a big mouth now?!"
"Yeah"
"You can't even play solitaire, imbecile! You hear that, okay?! From my big mouth!" he laughs sarcastically
"You know, Maya. I used to be able to. I used to be able to do a lot of things before I started loving you, but I guess you don't love me back, huh? So what's the point of this relationship? Congratulations! You've killed my spirit!" I look at him in the eyes. This is not my Elliot. I take my apron off and walk to the exit.
"I win. You leave, I win! Bye!" I hear before slamming the door behind me. I hate him so much.