Chapter 9 - Surrender

When the footsteps, becomes distant Klean moves a little behind the pillars and before Ajifah can warn him about the jars set around the pillars as traps for intruding visitors, he kicks it and it crashes to the floor and breaks into pieces. Everyone freezes in their position including Klean and their heartbeat increases and they hope they don't set off too much signal to the guards who marched past just now.

"Who's there? Show yourself!!" orders one of the guards with a hard voice and Klean steps out from behind the pillars where he and Ajifah are hiding, giving only himself away.

The guard immediately becomes alerted and draws his sword once Klean steps out of the shadow, but not before Dubem, one of the warriors on Klean team snap his neck and the guard crash to the ground lifeless.

Two guard coming out from their patrol sees Ajifah, Klean and Dubem, standing over the dead guards and pulls out the sword, "Quick, tell the others ring the bell," the older guard barely finish telling the younger guard when Klean surge forward and thrusts his sword into him and he crashes to the ground. The younger guard runs as fast as he can to alert the rest about the intruders in the place.

Ajifah immediately draws her bow and arrow although he's almost out of sight she let it go and it flies off swiftly, piercing into the chest of the guard and he falls down to the ground. Ola and Dubem goes over to the guards and they take their body out of sight to clear out suspicion while Klean and Jami take care of the two on the ground before them.

The enter into the outer part of the throne room and Ajifah realises that Klean was right, king Tyosar may not have had the knowledge of them coming, but he did secure the palace and there are about a dozen guards with spears protecting the entrance to the throne room and once they see Ajifah and the rest, they move to attack.

"Make sure no one escapes!" Ajifah tells the rest as she pulls out three of her blades and throws them at the guards, piercing into their throats and they fall to the ground.

Klean and Ola pulls out their swords and cuts in two the spears of the guards running to attack them before thrusting them into the guards and they fall to the palace floor lifeless. Jami and Dubem swiftly ducks when the two guards standing in front of them surge towards them with their spears and once at their backs, they pull out their daggers and pierce them through the guard's back, into their heart before pulling them out. The lifeless bodies of both guards drop to the ground.

The rest guard are now five facing off Ajifah's team of five as well, but unlike the ones who they just took out, these had spear and shield. The guards stretch out their spears and hold out their shield before stepping forward.

"No matter what, protect your princess!" Klean tells the rest and they move to stand before the princess.

"I can protect myself, do what you need to!" She tells  them and they spread out and began fighting them while she draw her bow and arrow and releases it. The guards blocks the arrow by raising his shield up and the arrow bounces off and fall to the ground. He then lifts spear and thrust it at Ajifah and barely dodges as his spear pieces her gown and rents it into two.

"Ajifah!!" Klean calls turning his attention to her as he heard her sharp intake of breath.

"I am alright!" She tells him and he returns to fighting the guard before him and she toss her bow and arrow away and pulls out her blade.

"Your blade can't help you dear princess."

"It can slow you down." She replies, backing further a few feet's away from him before throwing the first blade out and it pierces into his legs and he groans out in pain she pulls another out and throws it and it goes in higher above his kneel and the third going into his thigh and his legs looses their strength and he drops to his knees, loosing his grip on the shield and it rolls over to where Ajifah is standing and she picks it up and smack it across his face and he falls to the ground unconscious.