"Good afternoon, Mr. Petrakis," the woman greeted him, in a very sweet voice.

"You can go now, Miss Leech," he answered firmly.

"Bye, Mr. Petrakis," the woman said, without even glancing at me. I wondered if she saw me. I felt like I was invisible. She was probably his secretary.

We entered his office. It was a huge room, with black and white furnishing. I tried to figure out what was inside the room, but I couldn't see clearly.

"Sit down, Miss Collins."

He was already seated behind his black executive desk, leaning his back on his chair, waiting for me.

I immediately sat down, across him, and took the brown envelope inside my big leather bag. I was about to get my CV inside the envelope, when he raised his hand, a signal for me to stop.

"Just tell me about yourself, Miss Collins."

I took a deep breath, feeling so uneasy. I always get so flustered when asked to talk about myself. I felt like I didn't have anything clever to say. I preferred being interviewed rather than talk about myself. I heaved a frustrated sigh. But I had no choice I needed a job for my family to survive. I had to bear this, even though it was so awkward.

"You can start now."

"Um... ah... I'm Jade Collins, 20 years old." My palms were sweating now, and I rubbed it on my brown floral dress. I really felt so nervous.

"Go on, Miss Collins."

"I was born in New Jersey and lived there until two years ago. We transferred to South Bronx, when my dad died. He died of lung cancer... I'm currently living with my mom and sister. My mom is working as a babysitter. She's not allowed by her cardiologist to do strenuous jobs, because of her heart disease. My sister Sapphire is fifteen and still finishing high school..."

"Tell me about your education and work experience."

"I graduated high school in New Jersey Princeton High School. When my dad died... we lost everything, including our savings for my tuition fee in college. I was supposed to take Arts and Design course, but because of what happened, I ended up working in a coffee shop."

"So, you'd been working in the coffee shop for two years already?"

"Um... no. Only for a year." My heart started to hammer very fast. Please don't let him ask, please...

"Okay. So, what did you do, a year before that?"

The question I loathed to answer, because I didn't have a choice, but to lie.

"I... I... stayed with my grandma. She was alone... and... and... she needed someone to be with her." I stammered. But it was partly true.

"So, you worked in a coffee shop. How did you learn to make delicious coffee?"

"The barista, George, taught me how to do art designs for coffee. I was so interested in it since I love arts and designing anything. I helped him every time the coffee shop became so busy. Then, he taught me how to make coffee, the techniques and the baristas guidelines in making coffee..."

I was rattling about the coffee shop, the coffee, George and even about Mrs. Chang, for about twenty minutes already, when I noticed that he was not responding anymore.

"Mr. Petrakis? Mr. Petrakis..." I almost whispered.

What happened? I wished I could see his eyes. I wanted to know if he was still listening to me or already... asleep.

"Mr. Petrakis?" I said his name again, but he didn't even stir.

Then, I heard a soft knock on the door. I tried to ignore it, but there it was again. I slowly went to the door to open it, very careful not to stumble.

"Hi. Is Mr. Petrakis, in there?" A boy in a messenger uniform peeped inside.

"Yes. Over there." I pointed at him, behind his desk.

"Oh, he's asleep. Anyway, I'm Tom, from Dr. Travis' Clinic. I was asked to deliver these eyeglasses here, I bet there are yours?" He whispered.

"Yes, these are mine," I whispered back at him. I was so happy that my broken eyeglasses were replaced with new ones. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I have to go."

The moment the messenger left, I opened the case of my eyeglasses. Wow! They were exactly the same as the broken one. I loved it. I immediately put it on. Thank God, now, I can clearly see everything.

I looked around his office. It was a very huge room, probably, the same size as his father's office, but the ornaments and furniture were all modern, in black and white colors. I looked around, awed by the beauty of my surroundings. Expensive white leather couches and chairs with unique table designs, bookshelves, and a glass cabinet full of plaques, trophies, and awards. The wall to wall large glass windows that viewed the skyscrapers of New York City was so amazing.

Then, my eyes focused on the man behind the desk. I tried to hold my laughter, by clamping my mouth with one hand.

I couldn't believe that the powerful billionaire, Mr. Eros Petrakis fell asleep on his chair. Either he was so tired, or he was so bored listening to my stories. Whatever.

I studied his physical features. The five o'clock shadow of his beard already appeared, giving him a very manly look. His jet black hair was thick and silky straight, made him look, strikingly attractive. Then, my eyes caught at one lock that fell a little forward onto his head, I was staring at it, tempted to brush it back on his head. No! I'll be dead if I do that. I observed him. He looked so tough, lean and sinewy even while asleep.

I made some noise to wake him up. I jumped up and down. I dragged my seat, tapped his table, even tried to move his chair. But still, he wouldn't wake up.

"Mr. Petrakis... please wake up. I'm done already. Mr. Petrakis!"

I sighed heavily, feeling so defeated. Then I remembered something.

I cleared my throat then sang my all-time favorite song, "I Will Always Love You."

I was singing the chorus of the song, so heartily, when Mr. Petrakis stirred and suddenly said.

"Miss Collins, stop singing. You're already hired."