17

Chapter 17

I could not believe I am actually doing this. This is wrong. I should not be doing this! But everything's settled. Mr. Black dismissed me early to prepare for our so called 'date'. I am now in my apartment dressed in perfection and trying to give myself a pep talk in front of a mirror. I'm gonna do this. I got myself way too deep to back out.

I closed my eyes to calm myself for the last time. If I'm gonna do this, I should be ready to face the past. I am aware that it will soon come back to haunt me and it will be more terrifying than before. I can already feel it. I'm scared.

"I'm sorry mother. I did my part." I whispered to myself as I take a last look on the mirror before turning the lights off. "Believe me I tried. I really did."

-----

Just as I came out of the building, I saw Mr. Black standing beside a limousine with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He looks sharp and handsome in his suit.

"Uhm. What is this?" I asked.

"A flower?" he replied plainly.

"No. I mean, this." I pointed at the limousine and the flower. "Why?"

"It's an established dating etiquette."

"Yes. But I'm not a girl."

"Don't you like it?" he muttered .

"Well, umm." I squirmed and looked down to avoid the intensity of his stare. "To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed.."

I saw him tighten his grip on the bouquet.

"But I like it." I said. He smiled in relief and passed me the flowers. It contains two of my favorite flowers: pink carnation and red roses. The arrangement is marvelous, the red roses are sorted to form a heart shape which is surrounded by the pink carnations. "How did you know I favor these flowers?"

"You're from Carmona Rosa . I concluded it might remind you of home." He's good. He really did his research. Carmona Rosa is not only known for the red river but also for the flower plantation for roses, carnation, chrysanthemums, alstroemerias and others.

He assisted me inside the limousine and sat beside me which is a first time in a limo ride. He usually goes first and I sit in front of him as his assistant. I rubbed my hands together to distract myself from fainting.

"You know, this is my first time doing this." I broke the silence.

"Me too." he replied.

"I don't want people to see us together or even think that we're on a date until I figured myself out." I bit my lip nervously. It's me who had the guts to ask him on a date yet I'm the one who's unsure about going out.

"I know." he said. "That's why I arranged everything for you."

"You did? How did you know?"

"I can read people. I know that somewhere in your mind you're thinking about backing out." he smirked knowing that he did the right move.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To dinner." he said in a suave way. Looking at him so confident and cool about everything made me feel at ease. Peaceful. And That I should not worry about anything. But still I cannot think about any reason why he agreed to do this. I still can't shrug off the feeling that he's hiding something.

-----

"Is this really necessary?" I asked when he gave a blindfold for me to cover my eyes.

"Yes." he replied. "It will spoil the fun if you see where we're going."