"She is also eighteen and by law she does not need a parent or guardian present-"

"Excuse me but she needs me here, right Lennon?"

This is the first time she's directly spoken to me in days that wasn't done in a passive aggressive fashion or through Elizabeth. Her eyes were focused on me as if daring me to object to her statement. My throat locked up and my lips felt dry but thankfully, I didn't have to have to make the call.

"My sincerest apologies Dr. Roberts but we will gladly step outside."

"Excuse me!"

Elizabeth stood and shook the doctor's hand before facing Clea, the latter had her mouth open ready to protest. "Let's go Clea," she enunciated each syllable waiting for Clea to challenge her.

With a deep frown, Clea walked past Elizabeth and into the hall. "We'll be in waiting room ok sweetie?" I nodded and soon shut the door behind her.

Dr. Roberts let out a breath. "I thought they'd never leave," she teased.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Oh honey, it wouldn't be the first time."

"Really?" I questioned earning a nod.

"Most parents when they hear of their daughters wanting to go on birth control fear the worse, but the way I see it is would you rather her become a mother before she's ready?" She countered.

"True but is there still a risk of pregnancy?"

"There's risk in everything my dear; however, choosing some form of birth control brings it down."

"Duly noted," I shrugged as she brought her focus back to her clipboard.

"Now," she began, "since this is your first appointment, I do have a few questions to ask..."

She went through my medical history and I resisted the urge to flinch when she brought up my attempted suicide last year. I was thankful she didn't judge me and informed me I still had options despite what I went through. The answers she needed were simple 'yes' or 'no' which I appreciated, but once we got past my medical history to current events did it get a bit awkward.

"Ok Lennon, when was your last menstrual cycle?"

"About a week ago," I replied.

Judy nodded. "Ok and would you say you're very regular?"

"Uh, I think I've been off by maybe a day or two?" I said unsure. Aunt Flo was usually more early than late.

"Well, depending on what form of birth control you go with, there's a chance that you'll have some irregularity but that's normal," I nodded, "and lastly, are you sexually active?"

I blushed without meaning to. "Uhm...no..."

"Is that why you're here today Lennon?"