Chapter 13: Ritual

I fell with a soft thud. My body feeling weightless. The pain didn't start up imediently, it started slowly and gradually got stronger. Almost like stubbing your toe, but with more pain and it doesn't go away after a few seconds.

Gasping in pain, shook, and confusion was all I could do at the moment. Shot? Why? Did Casket bring him here just to have him killed by someone else?

No, he wouldn't do that, he's Jimmy Casket, he would have killed both of us before letting that man kill me himself.

Unfortunately these thoughts were fleeting and dispersed quickly, leaving behind the undeniable fear. The fear of dying. God, why hadn't he told somebody? Why didn't he stop himself from standing in the blatant  puddle of blood. All of those signs.

The chamber door opened and in walked the man, Casket not far behind him. The man crouched in front of me, patting my cheek with a professional lack of care.

"Oh don't be a baby. It was just a single shot, a Head Crab takes more to kill it."

Okay, so maybe he wasn't all the professional.

I was momentarily distracted from my state of dying with the anger that came from being murdered with no care. It only got worse when Casket spoke.

"Yeah! I can take a minigun to the face! Being shot in the gut is nothing!"

I only restrained myself with the knowledge that he could probably prolong my death even longer than it already was.

It seemed it didn't matter either way, because darkness started to slowly overtake my mind and sight.

P.O.V. Change
Third person-

The duo watch as the rather tall man slowly died. The still unknown man didn't comment as Jimmy slightly nudged his body.

"I prefer knives myself, They prolong things much longer. Guns just end things way too quickly for my tastes!" Jimmy licked his lips at the end of his sentence.

The man ignored his action, but responded to his statement without looking at him.

"That is the purpose of the gun in this situation, usually it provides a quick way to end this little "ritual"." It sounded like they had this conversation everytime they meet. "Speaking of which, how many more are you bringing in?"

Jimmy pouted, he understood his reasoning but why take out their pain? In his opinion it gave them more character when they came back. Not to mention how it also provided entertainment for his sick amusement. He slowly smirked as he drifted of to la la land.

The man, Quentin, decided to start completely ignoring him. He had a job to do after all. Paying attention to the now dead body, he noticed the signs that the ritual was working. And by that he ment that the guy had just straight up disappeared.

Good, this wasn't his main job but he did slightly care about it. Every now and then a person from the real world would just appear in the realms, nobody knew why it happened, some didn't even know that it did happen. The being would go through this process. Afterwards he'd usually have their memory wiped. No way to go back to their world, so they'd be happier without the knowledge. But these beings were special.

The Creaters.

Wiping their memory would be detrimental to pretty much everything.

He'd go through the process and then let him go.

Apparently he'd been lost in thought for longer than strictly necessary. Because it was Jimmy of all people brought him out of it.

"This is taking was too long! How long does this take?!"

Quentin sighed, "Not very long now."

After those words of course the ritual would finish right them. The I Creater spawning in right then.

He fell to the ground in a heap. Understandable, consider the much worse reactions to the ritual. Like permanent death.

He finally stold from his position as Jimmy practically skipped over to Issac. Yanking him up from the floor and holding him up when the man couldn't control his limps.

He simply looked over at Quentin and gave him a large manic grin. "Thank! Bye bye!"
And like that he just up and left with Issac over his shoulder.

Quentin just sighed, that man he swore.