chapter 11: the case

Ghost's p.o.v
'Damn, this case is the worst we've had ever' i thought to myself as i examined the body covered head to toe in his own dried blood. But really it was hard to tell what gender the person was, it was just so.... brutal.

"Why'd they call us and not... i don't know, the police?" I ask Toast as he wrote notes. "Sir, the only cop in town is Maloney, we're the only real thing to help..." he replied, still not looking up from the notes he was writing down.

"Yeah, i guess thats true..."

"As long as we get payed sir" Toast looked up at me with a smile, god i love that smile.

I smile back and we go back to what we were doing.
"Who do you think did it?" I asked as calmly as possible. Given the situation  it probably wasn't anyone like the Toliet Toucher, And this was even to much for Prince Fang.

I looked over at the home owner, this was really a sad case. The two dead were his wife a kid, and he just looked so... broken. I was thinking about trying to comfort him, i know what its like to lose your family. Everyone you love...

I stold up from the body and walked over to the man, who had him hands covering his head. I sat down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He tenced for a second then relaxed. I didn't have to say anything, he just broke down. Taking his hands from his head to block him crying face.

I'm not really a touchy feely person, but i knew what it was like.

I got up and stold in front of him for a second before getting on my knees and hugging him.

He instantly hugged back.
Crying in my shoulder.

"Shh shhh. I know, I know." I said calmly in such a way i was a little surprised myself.
I was not bigger than him in anyway, he was almost twice my size, twice my age, and three times as stronge. Not mentally of course. I've been though things you wouldn't even have night-terrors about.

He pulled away from the hug and whipped his face. "Thank you" he said ruffly. "No problem" i responded in a nice manner while patting him on the back. I don't use it very offen.

Unfortunately i still had work to do and this place was starting to give me the creeps.

"Hey Johnny, what evidence do we have at the moment?"
"Well we ha-" he couldn't finish his sentence because Maloney suddenly kicked in the door.

"EVERYBODY ON THE GROUND!" He shouted as he sprayed Toast with water. Causing me to burst out laughing. When Maloney stopped spraying him with water he suddenly stared spraying me! I screamed and covered my face. I hated water.

The house owner kicked him out of the house before going back to mourning.

Me being a bit more soaked than Toast looked around for a bathroom or kitchen. I couldn't find either of them for some reason. So i just returned to the living room.

Somehow Toast was already almost dry!
"I can't find anything in this place."
"Are you alright sir?" He asked.
"Yes Johnny, just a bit... wet." I answered in annoyance.
"Here sir" he took of his black hoodie and handed it to me.
'My face is hot! Why is my face so hot!?'

I took my wet freedom hoodie off and tied it around my waist, and then slipped Toast's hoodie on. Which was painfully obvious that it was way to big for me. Toast was older so i guess I'm not that surprised.

A few hours later we decided to wrap up the case for now and return in a few days with hopefully good news.

We got in the car and just started driving away from the odd house. Me driving because Toast would crash the car again if he did. We soon got home since the house wasn't to far away from ours.

When we finally got back to HQ the door was open, one of the siblings probably left it open. everyone was already asleep. So i just went straight to bed. Toast decied to go check on the others.
He returned a few minutes later.

I soon fell asleep alongside Toast.

Toast's p.o.v
*ten minutes before going to bed*
'Were's Isaac?'