Anger

He lay there on the floor of someone's office, blood sliding across his neck from the throbbing wound near his shoulder.  He couldn't really see out of his right eye as it was nearly swollen shut. It was probably just as well. He felt like he'd been hit by a bus. He was pretty sure at least one rib was cracked if not broken and a few others bruised. The only good thing that came of the ordeal is that his hands had been cut loose when he hadn't been able to get to his feet on his own without them. He'd pushed through the pain once his hands were free and forced himself to trudge along to the office he'd been pushed into. He hadn't even moved from the place he'd landed.  He just didn't have the strength. It hurt to breathe, but he knew it was just the beginning. 

The only thing that got him to move was the fear of the bracelet still hidden in his sweater. At least if he could find something to get it off then he wouldn't be caught with it. He nearly screamed as his body gave protest to every single movement.  He let his eyes search for something, something small and thin enough to fit. He knew he had less than 10 minutes before that knife burnt through him again, so he decided to start with his fingernail. He slid his finger into his sleeve, deciding he'd be safest to do it without exposing it. He kept his eyes on the door as he felt the nail slide into the groove. 

Please work. 

_____

Alex was finally with him now. It had taken a bit of argument to get him access, but he finally did. He just needed a familiar face, someone to tell him it was all going to be ok even when there was a huge chance it would never be again. 

He checked the clock again for probably the 200th time in the past few minutes

He was being briefed on what to do and say this time. He was to try and keep his emotions in check even if Mitch was screaming... ESPECIALLY then. The man was doing it to get those panicked reactions from Scott and the more he played into it the worse it would get. He had to stay strong. 

This time they were going to be the ones calling. They needed to get some control over the situation. 

It had been just over 8 minutes since the previous call, and he knew they had to move fast. He gave a slight nod to the tech who then sent the command to dial.   He held tight to Alex's hand, squeezing it for strength. He knew he was going to need it. 

"Prompt. I like that. Worried about your boyfriend?" 

He took a quiet breath. "They have your pilot but we need to know what size plane, where you're going so we can make sure it's properly fueled." 

"Switzerland, clear flight path. Also I'm going to need a van to get me to this plane. You coming with me Scott?" 

He wanted to hurl at the way he said his name, adding a seductive purr. He bit back a retort, his hatred of this man defying everything he thought he was capable of. 

"You know my name, do I get to know yours?" 

He could hear the smirk in his voice. "Olivier." 

Fancy name for a fancy asshole.

"Is Mitch ok? I mean, is everyone ok?"  He was supposed to try and take the focus away from Mitch, keep it general and force the man to give up more information than he intended to. He was just so desperate to know he was alive. He knew deep inside that even if he was, he wasn't alright. He'd heard that scream. He was in pain and he was alone. He couldn't help that, but he could do this... this was the only way he could help fix it.