Chapter Twenty Eight (Last)

Začít od začátku

This is so beautiful.” Khushi exclaimed with a gleam of amazement, the lake was a beautiful electric blue color, the sun rays were reflecting on the water giving it a divine look.

Arnav threaded his fingers with hers, and squeezed it gently. “It is.” he agreed as they continued to walk hand in hand.

I have always wanted to come to Switzerland.” Kushi confessed

Uh-huh?” Arnav looked at her for a minute. “Does it meet your expectations?”

As a matter of fact, it far exceeds them.” She said truthfully making Arnav smile 

I’ve never asked you, but was canada beautiful?” Arnav asked

Khushi frowned in thought, “It was a nice place to be. There were many Indian families around.” Khushi told him.

I take that you didn’t home much.” Arnav said 

I missed you Arnav, if that’s what you mean.” Khushi assured him, fluttering her eyes innocently. Arnav looked at her amused, a few seconds later his lips quirked up into a smile.

Of course you did, love. I am not the man who can be easily forgotten.” Arnav smirked at her.

Khushi rolled her eyes, stood on her tiptoes and pressed a quick peck on his lips. “Neither am I, Mr. Raizada.” 

Arnav pulled her into his arms, “Someone’s being very bold” He spoke in a husky voice.

Khushi blushed, “Haq hai mera. (It’s my right.)” She responded

“‘Haq toh hai. (Your right it is.)” Arnav kissed her nose. 

Khushi pouted, rubbing her nose.

Arnav chuckled and kissed her nose again.

Come on. Let’s go inside that beautiful castle.” Khushi tugged at his sleeve cutely.

Arnav nodded, “Let’s go.” 

***

Hours later, Arnav led Khushi into the streets of montreux. The sun was about to set, making the sky glow in a reddish-orange light. The sidewalk was lined was beautiful houses, kids playing outside their houses in the lawns. The air was filled with chatter and laughter. 

Arnav saw Khushi smiling softly looking at something, following her line of vision, Arnav saw an elderly couple sitting on a bench outside what he assumed was their house. Their hands were entwined with each other. The lady was resting her head against her husband's shoulder. 

"Do you see our future in them?" Arnav asked his wife who looked at him and smiled.

"I hope so.

Arnav bent and kissed her forehead affectionately, "It'll happen. Fifty years from now. We'll be in their place and I assure you, I'll still be madly in love with you.

Khushi sighed, leaning against his arm as they walked ahead. Arnav smiled and pulled her closer, wrapping her arms around her.

It was beautiful. One madly in love couple, the setting sun, and a walk with no destination. 

***

A few hours later, ArShi were sitting in a restaurant, waiting for their food to arrive. Arnav had booked a private cabin for themselves, Arnav was pouring Champagne for Khushi and himself when they heard a knock.