Chapter- Twenty Two

Khushi was standing in front of the Dressing Table, combing her long hair. Arnav entered the room from the poolside, only to find himself standing rooted to the spot seeing his wife dressed in a Red saree with Pearl Borders, Khushi smiled looking at his reflection in the mirror.

Why are you standing there Arnav?” She asked putting on her ear-rings. Her hands were clad in a blood red bridal chura, cluttering merrily as she moved her hands to do her works

You look beautiful.” Arnav said softly, hugging her from behind.

Khushi blushed, leaning into his chest. “Thank you Arnav.”

You'll never remove bangles from your hands, Okay?” Arnav said softly

Maa was saying that I’ll need to wear the chura for an year.” Khushi informed him.

Then you can change to regular bangles, but you'll never keep your wrists empty.” Arnav instructed her.

Why is that?

Because I love the sound that they make when you're doing something.”  Arnav said.

Khushi smiled, “Alright. I won't keep my wrists empty.

Arnav smiled,  “That's like my good hazel.

What were you doing at the poolside?” Khushi asked

Aman had called to congratulate us, And I told him that I won't come to the office for a week, also I had a few things to explain to him.” Arnav explained

Even after getting married, You're not leaving the hem of your girlfriend.” Khushi frowned at her husband.

Arnav pouted, “At least you don't get started like Di!

Khushi chuckled. “Go and freshen up Mr. Raizada, We have to go downstairs for the Pooja.

As you say Mrs. Raizada.” He saluted her.

Khushi shook her head fondly at Arnav as he disappeared into the washroom and resumed getting ready.

The newly wedded couple were descending the stairs, hand in hand with each other. The sound of Khushi's anklets alerting the family members of their arrival.

There come the newlyweds.” Anjali squealed

Good Morning.” ArShi greeted their family in unison and bent to take the blessings of their parents and Keerti Bua.

May god bless you with all the happiness and a long life ahead of you children.” The elders blessed the couple with all their heart.

Come on Now, We were waiting for you to start the Pooja.” Ratna took the couple to the veneration room. The rest of the family followed behind.

It's your first day as the daughter in law of this house and thus you will do the Veneration today. Light the oil-lamp [Diya]” Keerti said softly giving the matchbox in Khushi's hand. Khushi lit the lamp and started singing the Arti.

Ma.. I'll manage, You go. I know this kitchen better than the one back home.” Khushi reminded her mother in law.

I'm aware gudiya, But just make the sweet. Dare you try to indulge yourself in anything else. Anju, keep an eye on her.” Ratna instructed Anjali who nodded with a chuckle.