Flaw.

Previously:

One ring....Two rings....Three......"Hey This is Hunter!" Thank god.

"Hunter, it's Cassie." I breathed out. There was a long silence. I didn't blame him. I wouldn't want to talk to me either.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to say- um, I really don't wanna do this over the phone, can we meet at the coffee shop I work at?" I asked hopefully. I heard him sigh.
"Okay. Are you free right now?" THANK YOU.

"Yeah. I'll meet you there, then?"He said yes and hung up. Let's hope it's not too late for an apology.

Hunter's POV

I walked up to the coffee shop door, feeling quite nervous. She was willing to talk. I couldn't mess this up.

I still love her, and I still need her. I miss her laugh, her warmth, her touch, her kiss. I miss calling her mine. I miss it all. I want her back in my life more than anything.

Yeah, I was a jerk on the phone, mostly because I was heartbroken. I gave her a very sincere apology, yet she went off on me, and it hurt.

I went inside and found Cass sitting in a corner booth, away from the other customers. She gave me a weak smile as I sat down. "So, what was it that you needed to talk to me about?" I asked, doing my best to show

She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Turning you away was undoubtedly the stupidest thing I've ever done. I was without you for seven years, and it was torture. I can't do it again. I accept your apology. Just please forgive me."

*Flashback*

I heard sirens in the distance, but they were too far away. They would never make it in time. I tried to keep Cody alive, but he was bleeding too much.

"Hunter, I need you to promise me something," Cody said as he coughed up blood, "Promise you'll take care of Cass, and protect her for me." I promised, and a weak smile formed on his face. Seconds later, he took his last breath.

I crawled out of the wreck, my mind blank.

I just watched my best friend die.

I walked slowly toward Cass, and just stood there for a minute before I wrapped her in my arms and let my own tears go. He's gone.

He's gone.

I couldn't leave her again. I need to hold her again. I need her to know that leaving her was the biggest mistake of my life. I need her to know that even after seven years of being away, I still love her with all my heart.

I wanted my first love back. And I could have her, if there wasn't one teeny tiny little flaw in that plan. A beautiful flaw named Missy Lyons.