Loss

Due to Elma working as hard and as tirelessly as she has, I took it upon myself to ask her out on another date.

Despite me being as nervous as I was, Elma eagerly agreed to go out. She seemed tense, but she wouldn't exactly tell me why.

Maybe she had some sort of deadline to meet? I can't be sure. However, Elma didn't want to bring it up, so I decided I wasn't going to push for answers.

As I walked into the bathroom to freshen up, I chuckled and rolled my eyes as Elma continued to use my toothbrush to brush her teeth.

Ever since she used my first one, I've gotten a second. Now she even has her own flavor of toothpaste. As I washed my face and took care of my hair, Elma stepped into the shower and asked me to leave the bathroom.

After doing what I had to do, i left the bathroom and left Elma to finish preparing herself. As Kobayashi and Tohru watched TV on the couch, Kanna colored rather... Lewd things.

Eh. I'm not her Dad.

Ultimately ignoring her drawing, I walked into my room and closed the door after myself to get myself changed. After putting on a new set of clothes, I put on my crocs-

OutLaw: *gets shot-*

-I put on my shoes and walked out of my room as a nearly naked Elma walked in after me for a new change of clothes, eventually leaving with a new change of clothes.

Elma: Are you ready to go?
(YN): Of course. Lets go

I took Elma's hand into my own as we both made our way out of the apartment. After she locked the door behind us, I lead Elma to a near by park.

With her being as over worked as she has been, I decided that some fresh air and some alone time would really benefit her. Though Elma took in the park, almost surprised at how peaceful the area was.

Though there was a few people around the area, they all either had kids to watch over, time to kill, or on picnics.

Elma: I've never seen anywhere so peaceful.. Not even home is this calm..
(YN): Well, Yeah. The apartment can get pretty chaotic if I'm being honest. Anyways, lets rest here.

As I laid out a blanket for Elma and I to lay down on, I began to let myself lay down and folded my arms behind my head to rest, sighing as Elma laid down next to me and used me as a sort of pillow or cushion. I rolled my eyes and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to myself as Elma rested her head onto my chest and smiled, holding me close against herself.

Needless, she could crush me if she really wanted too... a fact that I think she forgot.

With how peaceful the dragon's new life has been, it seems they forgotten about their abilities and powers. Unless they specifically needed them.

Regardless, she seems to have calmed down. Judging from how relaxed she seemed to be, I'd say my idea worked out as well as I hoped.

Elma:... (YN)?
(YN): Hmm?
Elma:.. Thank you. For everything, I mean... I really appreciate it.
(YN): It's no problem, Really

Elma nodded as a small smile grazed her lips, gently nuzzling into me as I held her close.

Until her eyes suddenly shot open. As she suddenly got up in a rush, she grabbed me by my wrist and forced me to my feet.

(YN): What? What's wrong?
Elma: H-He's here..!
(YN): Who?
Elma: Tohru's d-dad! We have to see if she is okay..!

Just as she warned me, the skies began to grow a deep and dark grey...

Now dawning a steel-like color, the clouds covered the sun. Shrouding the entire city in darkness...

(YN): what the fuck...
Elma: Hurry!

As Elma ran me back to our home, her dragon wings sprouted out as she grabbed me and flew straight home.

While in the sky darkened the closer we got, a large figure flew into a portal and seemingly took Tohru with it...

Elma: NO!

As Elma tried her best to reach out and open the portal, her magic simply wasn't enough. She stared at the open sky as she clenched onto me while I held onto her for dear life...

As Kanna flew by, both dragons had a look that could best be described as having lost someone who was very important to you... A Family member.

We all flew back home to see Kobayashi was relaxing on the couch. As we all walked into the apartment, she waved.

Kobayashi: Hey. Did you all forget something? I thought you two were on a date and Kanna was playing with Sai-
Kanna: Lady Tohru went home..
Kobayashi: Uhm.. What? She was out to grab some food for dinner. She isn't here ye-
Kanna: The other world... her Dad forced her to return..
Kobayashi:...what..?
Elma: It's... it's not likely that she'll return..
Kobayashi: N-No...
Elma: Her Dad is the.. Emperor of Demise.. she can't refuse him..

Kobayashi stared at her coffee mug with an empty look as she began to mumble incoherent nonsense... she scratched at her head, she looked around, she began to have a panic attack as Kanna, Elma, and Myself pulled her into a hug as she silently cried, clenching onto Kanna's sleeves as tears began to stream down her face...